cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect calls

BIG-N-LITTLE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm just wondering if I can accept collect calls and if not then how do I get it set up so I will be able to as my wife is incarsrated in a b.c remand center and Is the only way I can get talk to her besides through letters . So can someone please let me know what it is I need to do to get this done and the cost of it please and thank you

9 REPLIES 9

I thought maybe prisoners had (controlled/supervised) access to their own phones if needed for scheduled communications to take place. Maybe I just misunderstood the way those inmate phone plans work.

I've never been in that situation so I don't really know anything about it. Maybe some prisoners get lighter sentences and more privileges (like computer, internet, or cellphone) while other prisoners get stuffed into a dark box to rot. Just suggesting the best options which occurred to me. 

jwds1978
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Korth wrote:

A cheap Public Mobile Unlimited Talk/Text Plan is one option. 

A cheaper Public Mobile Limited Talk/Text Plan (along with a Long Distance Add-on for more cheap minutes when needed) is another option.  If the Plan has Unlimited Incoming calls then maybe you can call her (or trade phones/SIMs) to save money. 

A 7-Eleven SpeakOut Plan might also be a good option, higher per-minute airtime but unused minutes don't expire for a full year.

They're incarcerated… No cell phones permitted.

A cheap Public Mobile Unlimited Talk/Text Plan is one option. 

A cheaper Public Mobile Limited Talk/Text Plan (along with a Long Distance Add-on for more cheap minutes when needed) is another option.  If the Plan has Unlimited Incoming calls then maybe you can call her (or trade phones/SIMs) to save money. 

A 7-Eleven SpeakOut Plan might also be a good option, higher per-minute airtime but unused minutes don't expire for a full year.

jwds1978

@BIG-N-LITTLE wrote:

I'm just wondering if I can accept collect calls and if not then how do I get it set up so I will be able to as my wife is incarsrated in a b.c remand center and Is the only way I can get talk to her besides through letters . So can someone please let me know what it is I need to do to get this done and the cost of it please and thank you

I have an account, with 2 lines, from Call2Talk. My fiancée is incarcerated and I setup an account with Call2Talk for her to call myself and her daughter on our cells.

CMOADMIN

Hmmmm... I am fairly certain you can send or take money into the remand center and have it applied to your wife's phone card. 

Could be wrong of.course. perhaps ask the remand center if they have a solution. ?

bonnieparker9mm
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

ourphoneaccount.ca if you log on there and get a reloadable credit card from money mart you can put money into a phone account for you to leave your wife messages as well as her call whichever number you register on that site. hope you get to chat with your love

\ this is not a public mobil service

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There used to be a service called FlyMobi, specifically set up to handle collect calls from Inmates. Although based in California, it supposedly worked in Canada. Don't know if it's still around but might be worth checking out.

https://flymobi.com/estore/

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BIG-N-LITTLE sorry to hear about this situation.  Unfortunately I agree with @computergeek541.  I was going to suggest moving your service to a post-paid account at another provider, but then it seems like it's not really possible even with post-paid accounts.  You may need to look at a 3rd party service, something like:

https://www.call2talk.ca/features/ | https://www.call2talk.ca/how-collect-calls-work/ 

https://www.paytel.com/family-and-friends/

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@BIG-N-LITTLE wrote:

I do not beleive this would work, simply for the reason that Public Mobile has no way to bill customers for this, and does not bill anything based on usage unless the service has already been paid for. 

Need Help? Let's chat.