cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cats or Dogs?

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you a cat person or a dog person? 

I didn't own a pet until recently within the last 2 years. Before then, I was always a dog person - everyone I knew preferred dogs over cats. The few encounters I had with cats had always been negative: they would hiss at me or scratch me. However, when I had the opportunity to adopt a kitten, I couldn't say no as she was just so cute. I still like dogs, but if I were to choose between having a cat or a dog as a pet, I would definitely go with a cat.

Things I like about having cats:

-they clean themselves

-they rarely stink

-you won't need to worry about pee or poop accidents

-they sleep most of the time

-they are very independent

What are your thoughts on this? Cats or Dogs?

53 REPLIES 53

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hTideGnow wrote:

CATs!! 🐈

i am a lazy person.. i can't walk the dogs twice a day, lol..

Guess you wouldn't like our cat then, cuz when the weather is better, he wants to go out for "walkies" a couple times a day..... yes, we walk our cat(or rather he walks us) while he's wearin' a collar, and a leash..... yeah, I know, it's weird. 😁  That, and whenever we come home from somewhere, he's more like a dog, in that he greets us at the door.

also, dogs like to stay with you all the time.. too much for me.. most cats only come to you when they want you.. not ALL THE TIME..  😺

Again, our cat breaks that mold..... while he doesn't want to be with us ALL THE TIME, he DOES hang out with us more than most cats..... it's probably a mannerism of the breed.

@hTideGnow 

My cats have all thought they were dogs  just with cat privileges and my roommates dog wants to be a cat! Light on her feet like a gazelle and can sneak into your room leap onto your bed and curl up like a kitty for a nap.

20201207_031717.jpg20191006_005531.jpg20190716_150414.jpg

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@JLakerson wrote:

I didn't own a pet until recently within the last 2 years. Before then, I was always a dog person - everyone I knew preferred dogs over cats. The few encounters I had with cats had always been negative: they would hiss at me or scratch me. However, when I had the opportunity to adopt a kitten, I couldn't say no as she was just so cute. I still like dogs, but if I were to choose between having a cat or a dog as a pet, I would definitely go with a cat.

-they clean themselves

-they rarely stink

-they are very independent

What are your thoughts on this? Cats or Dogs?

CATs!! 🐈

i am a lazy person.. i can't walk the dogs twice a day, lol..

also, dogs like to stay with you all the time.. too much for me.. most cats only come to you when they want you.. not ALL THE TIME..  😺

Justice and Minty just chillin'

20200131_115326.jpg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Enough said.20200621_175200.jpeg

Bullet77

I can't choose so I got one of each. LOL

Lucky for me they both get along with each other.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No matter cats and dogs, they all like children, you have to babysit them most of times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

Can your cat babysit ?....

Um...yeah...I think I'd rather an actual human be responsible. 🙂

JLakerson

@hairbag1 

In fact, my cats do! They baby sit from a distance... 🤣

JLakerson

@CFPartDeux 

This is hilarious! Fortunately, my cats sleep in their cat tree. 😀

Can your cat babysit ?....

babysitter.jpg

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

Kit being a hemingway cat.....just look at those monster paws!

Those are sizeable paws, but if you want monster cat paws, just look at the paws on any Maine Coon.

CFPartDeux

Aaaaand, for those that prefer dogs, I guess this one works for many of you:

SpotCat.jpg

Kit being a hemingway cat.....just look at those monster paws!20201007_113607.jpg

@CFPartDeux 

That first cartoon is stand alone too funny! Laugh attack of the month .....thank you! I just got home from the farm and had a conniption at the state of my house so i really, really, really needed that! Lol! Hahaha! Lol! And some farm kitties....20201012_154848.jpg

CFPartDeux

@JLakerson wrote:

I still like dogs, but if I were to choose between having a cat or a dog as a pet, I would definitely go with a cat.

And you may want to consider the following while making the above declaration. 🤣

Map of Bed.JPG

Sneeze.JPG

CFPartDeux

@hairbag1 wrote:

Cats-Block-Dogs-Path-Compilation-Video.jpg

So..... uhm..... are you telling us you prefer cats, or are you letting Cat Norris tell us for you? 🤣

CatNorris.jpg

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I had both before,but now I am pet free!

@JLakerson 

Cats all day! Don't get me wrong I don't mind a well trained dog and I've had quite a few dog roommates over the years that I told many a story about here in the lounge but thanks to @will13am 's meddling I got a little mad and deleted all my lounge posts on the topic. So now that the topics been brought up again.....when it comes to dogs I used to say if I wanted children I would just have them!

Every cat I've ever had has been independent but as smart as a dog or at least they think they are. They come when they are called, house trained....no litter box needed ( except after vet visits and the inevitable end of life issues.) A drippy tap or a rain barrel suits them just fine. A giant feed bag of cat food and they are just fine. 6 months of the year they have a cat door and an open porch window and the rest of the year they just need to climb a tree and knock on a bedroom window to get in. Unfortunately the secret basement entrance died with Max aka @maximum_gato (12 years and we never found it so we could pass that knowledge onto our newest fantastic felines Marcus and Minty.  Big bro and his little sister who were born just down the road from the farm I'm currently hanging out at ( currently in the dark with no potable water waiting for BC hydro to get the power back up and going.....but the wood stove is crackling away and its a good as time as any to hotspot off my phone and use some of my data for once!) Anyhow heres the little muckers when they're not out on rat patrol.

Edit: well the bf killed my phones battery mid upload of my pic.....but the power is back on but to the detriment of the milky way and the night sky bit of let down really....

20190522_185401.jpg

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I’ve had cats in the past, but prefer dogs.  I have a Bichon-Frise who is now 17-1/2 years old!  She’s almost totally deaf, almost blind with cataracts, and sleeps most of the time.  But, she is doing unbelievably well for her age.  I love her to pieces and will really miss her when she goes to fur-baby heaven, which could be any time now.  But, until that time comes, I’m going to love her and spoil her rotten, and ensure that she enjoys the rest of her life.  

CFPartDeux

@JLakerson wrote:

Either one - like 'em both.

-they clean themselves - mostly

-they rarely stink - mostly

-you won't need to worry about pee or poop accidents - mostly, depending on how fluffy the cat is, and whether or not they have an issue requiring antibiotics!

-they sleep most of the time - mostly

-they are very independent - generally speaking, depending on the breed, or personality

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cat. They're independent.

@JLakerson wrote:

I had taken on the old family cat. It was rather incontinent. Vets said it's just old age not much to do about it. I put it down.

They sleep when you're awake 🙂 They can be very nocturnal.

I have a theory about dog and cat preference. I think those that tend to be authority-minded like dogs because they're trainable and can be made to be obedient.

Cats don't care what you want them to do. I like that independence in them. Just keep the food flowing. When it stops then they'll just move on. Or eat your corpse. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.