cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canadian cell "deals" (ha!)

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As seems to be usual, based on what I've seen, the only "good" deals to be had for cell service are the ones involving getting a brand new phone for $0 (or some really low price) this past Black Friday / Cyber Monday if you're willing to pay for a premium-priced plan, which may actually be worthwhile for some, plus you can get 5G service if it's with the big 3.

Absolutely everything else for just pure service, other than PM, was complete craaaap. $5 off a $70+ plan? 6 months of extra data to switch? Yeah right, what a joke. If I want extra data, it had better be either a data pack you use at your own pace, or perpetual monthly data like the 2 GB bonus.

And what's Cyber Monday in the cell service business? Doesn't exist, I guess. I searched the community for old Cyber Monday offers & couldn't find talk about anything.

While I might complain about PM's offers (especially since there's NOTHING for existing customers, even though they could very easily make the 2 GB bonus available for existing customers), it seems PM is the best in a bad lot again. Though Netlive's offers are intriguing - but I won't be switching.

Is there any hope for Boxing Day? Might something be dangled for existing customers? Or are we left to appreciate saving a couple of loonies or so for luring customers or posting in the community (something no one else does) & nothing more? I cannot lure anyone (besides my dad, & immediate family that I already pay for) - all my friends much prefer to be throwing away gobs of cash for data that many probably don't come close to using to its full potential! 🤣

30 REPLIES 30
Need Help? Let's chat.