cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada CoViD mask ad

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I was playing around with streaming a show on the Android CTV app and the usual irritating ads start running. One of them was the Canada CoViD how to don/doff a mask. Cartoon-like.

It was the same colour scheme and the same eye-less humanoid as Public Mobile!

I'm like Hey! I recognize that. Did PM/Telus permit the feds to do that? Did PM/Telus make the ad? Can one copyright/trademark a certain style like that?

4 REPLIES 4

Only the colours match for me, and for sure those cannot be copyright protected. Images have a passing resemblance to SIMon; who knew he had siblings. 🤣

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

Want to see it, what link?

@yanzhiqiang 

I saw it while streaming a show. But I went looking and here it is.

@Korth : writing rather adversorally today are we? 🙂

Korth
Mayor / Maire

The advertising style could be deliberately manufactured and trademarked.

Or it could be a style created by whatever artist(s) Public Mobile outsourced for the work. Perhaps an advertising agency which offers this style as part of their product line.

I think it'd be hard for anyone to press legal suit about this. Public Mobile vs Public Health doesn't seem like a competition or infringement situation. And Public Mobile's visual style has (to me) seemed entirely incidental, just more annoying ad junk on a webpage, it never did anything for me - I joined because PM's plans and prices, not because PM's pretty pictures.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Want to see it, what link?

Need Help? Let's chat.