cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I mount the iPhone 8 on my wall (joke)

moonmack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you’re looking for a quick smile, have a look at the iPhone 8 specs, particularly the 44.7 inch screen on the public mobile used iPhones.  I was just wondering if I can mount it on my wall because it won’t fit in my pocket 🙂

if you’re not being silly like me then I assume it’s just a typo.  If you are being silly like me you’re now searching online for pants with 45 inch pockets to fit a certified per-owned iPhone 🙂

9 REPLIES 9

@computergeek541 

I wouldn't expect anything less from you.....you always stand by your decisions however to say public mobile could move it when there is no appeal process etc....except to contact Melinda is hardly a reasonable argument when it would be a waste of her valuable time. I'm only saying that there is a complete lack of ability for a member to make their case if they feel there thread is unjustly moved. The OP is perfectly happy with the status quo....and I am just voicing my opinion on the matter in general.

But I do wonder....as has happened at least once in the past when another oracle disagrees with the choices you have made why no review is made? Instead the decision is not reversed but merely half taken back.....maybe @maximum_gato would want to chime in......lol.😉

@darlicious wrote:

Well isn't this thread an oxymoron now that its been moved to the lounge.....must be the humour involved? Dog help us if we get a laugh out of one of pm's numerous mistypes, mistakes or plain old poor wording! What relegates this to the lounge? Let's see it's about phones, a phone that public mobile is selling on its site, it points out a glaring mistake so seemingly more naive customers are not confused by its dimensions and that maybe pm or @Melinda_H should inform the marketing department of the mistype in the description. And to boot another oracle read and responded to the original post with some humour and did not feel the need to move it to the lounge that is supposedly for ........

"Want to talk about your interests, hobbies, or anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? It’s all here."

But of course here in the community only one member's opinion counts regardless of what board descriptions may say.........

I stand by my decision to move this. If Public Mobile wishes to overrule me, I won't have any issues with that. As to this being phone releated, this is about as social of a thread can be. There's no issue with making a joke, but when the entire premise of the topic is making a joke, this isn't a service related issue and that's why the decision was made to move it to the lounge. I could start countless new threads and insert the word "phone" into the title or message body. That doesn't always means that it belongs in the Phones & Hardware category.  Is there anything wrong with this thread? No. Is anyone being prevented from free speech? No.  Is this service related and should people earn rewards for participating in a thread about a joke?  In my opinion - no.  

@Anonymous 

I was bored....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh darlicious....it. Just. Doesn't. Matter.

There are lots of little off-topics that happen all the time that stay. When it turns into a conversation then it quite rightly gets extracted out to the lounge.

And then there was the one-sided conversation by a newb yesterday that the likely same person went to the whole effort of inserting the replied-to's. I guess Oracle's can see that. It sucks that the system doesn't put something in automatically when it's all there. Sigh. Alas.

@moonmack 

By that reasoning all issues that are fixed should be moved to the lounge. But don't worry this is a long standing beef I have with phone and pm related posts being moved to the lounge.....that is supposed to be for all that "other" stuff! 

....and of course you can't mark your thread as being resolved with a solution now that it's been fixed. Dang it I was looking forward to putting a sim card in my new iTV and making a call!

moonmack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well, I initially thought it was an issue about hardware so I listed it under hardware.  Now that the typo has been fixed the lounge is probably a good spot for this message thread to be.

Well isn't this thread an oxymoron now that its been moved to the lounge.....must be the humour involved? Dog help us if we get a laugh out of one of pm's numerous mistypes, mistakes or plain old poor wording! What relegates this to the lounge? Let's see it's about phones, a phone that public mobile is selling on its site, it points out a glaring mistake so seemingly more naive customers are not confused by its dimensions and that maybe pm or @Melinda_H should inform the marketing department of the mistype in the description. And to boot another oracle read and responded to the original post with some humour and did not feel the need to move it to the lounge that is supposedly for ........

"Want to talk about your interests, hobbies, or anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? It’s all here."

But of course here in the community only one member's opinion counts regardless of what board descriptions may say.........

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm trying to imagine what 45" pockets would look like... bigger than pants... wondering if it's easier to just drag it behind you at that point! 😂

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@moonmack  Great find; it's bigger than my current TV and cheaper than a new TV!

Puts those puny phablets to shame.

Here's the wall mount I have in mind.

wusa9x11tb.rw_zoom.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.