cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Calling our Community members to help us come up with new avatars!

On a more serious note I agree with all the above comments that solving the real, system problems should have highest priority.

Oracle

@wetcoaster wrote:

On a more serious note I agree with all the above comments that solving the real, system problems should have highest priority.

I have to agree that there are more important things to get fixed here than to add some new Avatars.  This reminds me of a saying I heard at work by our Colonel when talking about a project that was being done, "It is like putting lipstick on a pig, it looks nicer but it is still a pig"

Hoping to have more focus on no more dropped calls or texting issues.  Seamless renewals with no issues.  Fixing the no texts after the 10 Day US Roaming expires.....and more.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

Custom avatars are standard fare on almost every internet forum, social media site, streaming site, or email site. Basically anywhere you get any kind of login and online profile.  

The usual approach is to submit your image for some sort of admin to approve or deny.

Internet users tend to avoid restrictive sites then search for unrestrictive sites. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to realize the overwhelming majority of members in this community only came here to inquire about, complain about, or fix a problem with their phone service. And most of those who keep coming back are basically aiming at Rewards being discounted off their next phone bill. It's not really a proper "community" because - aside from the few who are genuinely interested in phone stuff and/or helping others - there's really nothing much to talk about and really no compelling reason to be here.

Sorry for being blunt, and I hate being That Guy. But speaking plainly, this site is simply a decorated support forum for a business. If you want to make it a real Community - an internet destination - then you've got to offer better business or better content to keep drawing the public's attention.

If you don't then no amount of time invested in avatars, badges, and toys will ever accomplish anything. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth wrote:

Custom avatars are standard fare on almost every internet forum, social media site, streaming site, or email site. Basically anywhere you get any kind of login and online profile.  

The usual approach is to submit your image for some sort of admin to approve or deny.

Internet users tend to avoid restrictive sites then search for unrestrictive sites. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to realize the overwhelming majority of members in this community only came here to inquire about, complain about, or fix a problem with their phone service. And most of those who keep coming back are basically aiming at Rewards being discounted off their next phone bill. It's not really a proper "community" because - aside from the few who are genuinely interested in phone stuff and/or helping others - there's really nothing much to talk about and really no compelling reason to be here.

Sorry for being blunt, and I hate being That Guy. But speaking plainly, this site is simply a decorated support forum for a business. If you want to make it a real Community - an internet destination - then you've got to offer better business or better content to keep drawing the public's attention.

If you don't then no amount of time invested in avatars, badges, and toys will ever accomplish anything. 

Totally agree. Public should make this site and forum more fun for people to spend their time on, like all those other social media forums do, and the easiest thing to improve is simply letting people upload their own avatars - there just is not any other way to allow people to express their own individuality properly except for letting them upload their own, because if not they'll always be people with the exact same avatars.