cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bummer tent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

This is an open invitation to all those who took the brown acid. For whatever reason you feel the need and are feeling a little disillusioned in your public mobile experience please come here for support. It can be anything....missing out on the flash sale, being called out, getting that 1969 date or your day just isn't going your way. Come post here...i think we might need some group therapy. At least until that bad trip ends...lol 1969 haha I just realized the trippy coincidencidental reference.

18 REPLIES 18

@bluejaywpg 

The lounge bummer tent requires no mask its virtually here for you use. Sit back relax and chill. No brown acid required.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Where do I find the bummer tent? Stanley Park? Wreck beach? On top of 1 of those condo buildings that's higher than the Sky Tower? I'm in! 

Oh wait, I have to isolate upon returning home for 2 weeks. But I'll still wear my mask.

I thought I would resurrect the bummer tent after trying yesterday to get some kind if consensus  on the discussion that just won't die.....discussions vs the lounge. I will continue to support the fight to get a definitive answer from public mobile. Even searching around the help pages for the following definitions was impossible til I remembered the associated posts with this thread.

Discussions

A forum for phone related posts that don't fit anywhere else.

The Lounge

Want to talk about your interests, hobbies, or anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? It’s all here

I find these descriptions pretty definitive.....one oracle has a completely different take on these definitions and as a result is trigger happy to move posts on a single request before considering other opinions or even ignoring dissenting ones. Thus the need for the bummer tent!Off season it's the bummer tent in season it's the happiest place on earth.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@88cranston  we can't see those, only you can.  You need to ask the mods to un regect them,  As it was the forum software that put them there.

88cranston

@mimmo wrote:

@88cranston I can tell you with 100% certanty that oracles can not and do not delete posts.  

often for delete/ disappearing posts they system actually will move them to the spam bin.  I am not sure how/why/when it happens.  some people believe if a post was edited to many times or if there are certain words the filter get triggered.  

Yes...thanks for the information. 

Rejected posts show here. 

mimmo

@88cranston I can tell you with 100% certanty that oracles can not and do not delete posts.  

often for delete/ disappearing posts they system actually will move them to the spam bin.  I am not sure how/why/when it happens.  some people believe if a post was edited to many times or if there are certain words the filter get triggered.  

88cranston

Looks like another lengthy, well thought out reply has disappeared......poof!

Here is the crux of it. 

Just as a reminder. 

Oracles and Mayors, should be people persons, understanding, kind, communicative, helpful, promote positive and constructive discussions, be a good example, establish and promote best practices as set out by PM, be unbiased towards others, and look at things objectively, look at postings from the perspective of the OP. 

The PM Community should be like any other small Community that looks after each other, promotes growth, education and guidance to succeed.  I am hoping for a lot of us in the Community, that PM is watching some of the questionable Oracles (and Oracles/Mayors that are following and supporting a bad influence) in what they say, what they move, edit, hide and what they delete (if they can). We are all looking to be here as part of the same team. A team that watches out for one and another, promotes education of the product and all become ambassadors to support and endorse PM’s products. 

Right now, Nov 2019, I can say there are a number of great Oracles here but there is one BAD APPLE with a couple of followers that are just pushing Community members away from the Community and the Product. 

And....I absolutely agree with you @88cranston  that it makes no sense to have phone related discussions that are not pm related not in discussions and non phone related discussions only should be in the lounge. Where discussions about what category a thread belongs in being a public mobile community topic that is not phone related but public mobile related topic should be where? What I can tell you what belongs in the lounge is SDM  basically paid me $3 to buy chocolates for gifts at Christmas so that's how I spent my day today. Now if I can only resist the temptation to eat them....this discussion should stay in the lounge.

@88cranston  Aha I knew you of all people would get my point and being that it is in the lounge no fear of it getting moved anywhere. After this last visit I am feeling much less bummed and quite happy so it must be working....

@88cranston  You can use my name and this thread that was moved was actually pointed out to me by other members who asked me to move it and there were multiple long-standing and highly regarded members that asked for it to be moved.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

88cranston

g@darlicious wrote:

@will13am wrote:

This is the second time you have errected this tent with not visitors.  Perhaps people prefer to suffer in private. 

@will13am @srlawren  Apparently I have my own personal bummer tent go suffer in private since no one else wants to commiserate. Like @88cranston I started this thread out of frustration of getting phone related topics in discussions only to have them moved to the lounge if they were not directly related to public mobile. I suppose having a discussion about public mobiles community forum in discussions is not relatable enough to qualify and has to be moved to the lounge as well. Now despite the lack of response this thread illicitted and the play on words that went over most people's heads I thought I'd give it one more go and @88cranston would get the cultural reference and lift his spirits. You two aren't saying that this does not belong in the lounge? Nor does it score any community "points" so can I not pout in my own private bummer tent?

I was surprised at @darlicious in regards to this title. Not one that I would respond to. But I kept coming back to it and since Darlicious and I would be neighbours if I still lived in Vancouver and both of fathers worked for the same company, so I reconsidered.

So Bummer tent definition is:

A tent for those experiencing bad trips from the psychoactive drug LSD. commonly and rapidly appeared at many concerts with heavy drug use. Its a place to have people with good trips help those out having bad ones.

So if you see her metaphors it could read as:

A blog community are those experiencing difficulties and good experiences and would like to share in helping and being helped. And some do more and some less.

So in regards to at @darlicious comments.

Like @88cranstonI started this thread out of frustration of getting phone related topics in discussions only to have them moved to the lounge if they were not directly related to public mobile. I suppose having a discussion about public mobiles community forum in discussions is not relatable enough to qualify and has to be moved to the lounge as well. Now despite the lack of response this thread illicitted and the play on words that went over most people's heads I thought I'd give it one more go and @88cranstonwould get the cultural reference and lift his spirits. You two aren't saying that this does not belong in the lounge?

So here are my comments. I don’t really care how it has always been. I am just  new here and a I can read. And I also have a background in ISO processes in regards to processes and documentation of processes that can be understood by all. No assumptions, no smart ass remarks, and professional. And I can say there is an Oracle here that is childish, on a power trip, clueless and should be removed of hers/his responsibilities. While I am not out looking to reduce the Oracle head count I can say that I would only support a well rounded and reasonable Oracle or Mayor.

So for a VoIP.ms question that would relate to PM users ability to take advantage of included inbound calls I used the Discussions category that reads.

Discussions

A general forum for phone related posts that don’t fit anywhere else

16BA7A0F-13F9-4831-A2FA-2E6A93AED74B.jpeg

Looked like a good one to use doesn’t it? I thanked the person that had a great response. I said I would try it later. Then after trying, I reported that it did not work. What I did not say is that I will ask VoIP.ms to see if there is a fix. And if there was and it worked I would have posted it for everyone. I left the post due to some immature babble and was chastised for asking then leaving the discussion.........

But now my post is moved to

The Lounge

Want to talk about your interests, hobbies, or anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? It’s all here

2B5A8FAB-3DED-4ABA-89CD-4C27F2C245E8.jpeg

Not related to phone stuff. What can I say.....how irresponsible of a move. Creates tension, creates loss of interest to help others etc etc. Is that in the job description of an Oracle? I do see now that management of VoIP.ms would be over Oracles head that doesn’t give he/she the right to ditch it. Does it? Really?

The Lounge should be renamed either ORACLES DUMPING GROUND or ORACLES PENALTY BOX or YOU RUFFLED MY FEATHERS.

PM don’t you oversee and provide guidance. This place is good until an immature Oracle gets involved and there is more than one of them. 

@will13am  Don't worry I wouldn't shoot the sheriff or deputy. I don't think red serge is your colour and definetly not your style. I see you more in U.N. peacekeeper blue....i think brings out the colour of your eyes.

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am wrote:

This is the second time you have errected this tent with not visitors.  Perhaps people prefer to suffer in private. 

@will13am @srlawren  Apparently I have my own personal bummer tent go suffer in private since no one else wants to commiserate. Like @88cranston I started this thread out of frustration of getting phone related topics in discussions only to have them moved to the lounge if they were not directly related to public mobile. I suppose having a discussion about public mobiles community forum in discussions is not relatable enough to qualify and has to be moved to the lounge as well. Now despite the lack of response this thread illicitted and the play on words that went over most people's heads I thought I'd give it one more go and @88cranston would get the cultural reference and lift his spirits. You two aren't saying that this does not belong in the lounge? Nor does it score any community "points" so can I not pout in my own private bummer tent?

I am all for free speech.  I don't move posts that often.  If you think you are on topic, I am not going to argue with you.  I am not the sheriff.  

@will13am wrote:

srlawren

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious time to pack up the tent and hike back to civilization, it seems.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Discussions-vs-Lounge/td-p/423402/jump-to/... .@88cranston  I created this post and the availability of the bummer tent for all those who think they may have taken the brown.....and it's left a bad taste in your mouth.  I think I've correctly identified the source of it. So please people avoid it....come here any time the source of irritation arise like stomach acid from bad trucker stop chili. Sit back, relax, chill....enjoy this link.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Well I want to say bummer nobody's in the bummer tent but this is a good sign that no one is having that bad of a trip in the community to come here to come down. Even the new customers still without service. Maybe I'll invite simon

Need Help? Let's chat.