cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back build your own plan

Rabscuttle255
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to be able to do a 3 month plan, i cant underastand why you took that away.  And i want more lte options

10 REPLIES 10

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That would be cool 🙂

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The limited numbers of plans they offer work for some, but I think a more customizable plan would be the best thing ever!

Tman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I like the ready made plans becuase of the affordablility of them. More competition means lower prices right?

Amandajs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please bring back the Build Your Own Plan! I have recommended Public Mobile to everyone I know (not for the refer a friend discount, but because I loved the flexibility of the build your own). If I did not have the plan I currently do (unlimited international texts; unlimited provincial talk; 1.5 G data (over 3 months) with international talk add on), I would see nothing here that suits me and nothing to distinguish Public Mobile from other mobile providers. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

The plan build was great around 2016 when it was a deal for bulk purchase, but it lost its savings when readymade 3G speeds came along.

@stonechucker agreed.  In recent memory, the best deals were typically the ready-made plans; what the plan builder offered and what is now sadly missing is flexibility to pick and choose what you want on an a-la-carte basis.  The ready made plans are great if you're looking for what they offer, but awful if you're not.  And unfortunately, you're unlikely to find anything better in a pick-and-choose format from any other Canadian providers (at least, that I'm aware of).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

The plan build was great around 2016 when it was a deal for bulk purchase, but it lost its savings when readymade 3G speeds came along.

I still have my Fall 2016 Promo of 12 GB LTE over 90 days.  I wish others could still get this deal.

The plan builder offerings weren't usually very good, while sometimes providing less features for more money than a Ready-made  plan.  The main thing, in my opinion, are the LTE options.

The plan builder offerings *were* really good, always kept updated with all the discounts in pre-built plans and promos. Plus overall value if you wanted to get more of something while not paying more for something else. But that was a long time ago.

You're probably remembering the plan builder after it had been neglected, de-emphasized, and deliberately undermined. It did indeed offer poor value in its final days, it seems evident PM wanted to discard it but couldn't do so (didn't dare) until it became unappealing enough to fall into general disuse. People don't buy premade plans when they can build better ones themselves, and PM/Telus wants people to buy premade plans which fall neatly into place vs competitor plans (makes the math easier for managerials).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the feedback.  Generally, Public Mobile follows the lead of their peers these days. 

@Rabscuttle255 wrote:

I want to be able to do a 3 month plan, i cant underastand why you took that away.  And i want more lte options

The plan builder offerings weren't usually very good, while sometimes providing less features for more money than a Ready-made  plan.  The main thing, in my opinion, are the LTE options.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rabscuttle255 you're welcome to ask, but you're probably out of luck.  Public Mobile is very much a what-you-see-is-what-you-get provider.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.