cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bravo's received vs given... an analysis...

crustylady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Has anyone else noticed a very frequent recent user who is 'first on the draw' on many threads has one of the lowest (if not the lowest) bravos received to bravos given ratio?

It's like 7:1  🤔

Kinda got me wondering what is the average ratio for the more active users on this site.    Most are about the same ratio, some are a bit less, some are bit more.   What is very impressive is seeing some users whose bravos given far exceeds their bravos received - huge kudo's to those users for recognizing others!!!

But 7:1 - - that kinda sticks out, doesn't it?

And the bravos given in this particular users case seems to only be to users who are not in competition for community rewards (i.e. Oracles & lower/new ranking members).  

Do you suppose this is coincidence, or by design?

16 REPLIES 16

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@crustylady   you always have some very insightful posts.  Good quality post.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@crustylady 

Well have fun looking at my stats. I have a very different posting style than most and if a member is part of the click generation then I'm not getting a bravo. Short and repetitive wins the day for our referral coded member who when they first created their community account posted like most members but after taking a little break came back posting lightning fast like the old @gblackma  days but with much less info of any kind and a penchant for simply recommending contacting customer support no matter the issue. Not a fan but had garnered 10 bravos from me quite a few months ago....

Unlike @ShawnC13  I don't necessarily think your post to bravo or solution count necessarily denotes the quality of your post. Especially since some members have their own cheerleading teams. Both my solution and bravo count ratio is lower than most and for awhile was quite the fodder for oracles and my opinions and posts can be quite unpopular among regulars. Luckily I have a few fans apparently that show their appreciation to my unique posting style of nearly all original content and minimal copy and paste material unless its my own or something so technical I just supply it if it helps achieve a solution for the OP.

I tend to bravo new members a lot to encourage them to stick around but if they do then they really have to start earning their bravos from me. I will also bravo our resident expert's every post as they are under appreciated by pm for the knowledge they impart in the community. I bravo oracles regularily and anyone I learn from, agree with and if you make me laugh you will always get a bravo from me. I rarely if ever bravo a weasel.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@crustylady     I think we all know who the most generous bravo givers are around here and their record will probably stand for a very long time.....thank you Luddite and srlawren 😁     There's probably others too but I didn't dig around too much...

@Anonymous 

I saw this today, and almost fell off my chair and broke a hip:

esjliv_0-1643497551201.png

Just kidding...i was on a nice comfy sofa. 😁

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv : hmm Is having it out with some people over the quality and possible gaming taking things personally? Maybe some might think so. But I don't.

No, discussing issues with quality, I would not consider taking things personal. I think quality of content is very important; especially in a forum like this. So 'having it out with some people' I applaud (I use that word cautiously).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : hmm Is having it out with some people over the quality and possible gaming taking things personally? Maybe some might think so. But I don't.

Your next bit is right on.

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv : Don't take any of this place personally. We're all just here for something to do and to help some people all knowing that the reward is such pittance that it's not worth the effort for that purpose alone.

You bravo whoever you like for whatever reason, if any, and I'll do the same.

@Anonymous  - oh, but what I have been viewing over the very past many months, is that many members take things personally. Is it hard not to get caught up in it sometimes, perhaps.

But, that is not what keeps me coming back; that would be more reason to leave completely.

The continued learning, sharing knowledge, and being in the know with what the heck Public Mobile has done, is doing, what they are going to do, and yes, helping others out and lowering my bills are incentives also.   👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : Don't take any of this place personally. We're all just here for something to do and to help some people all knowing that the reward is such pittance that it's not worth the effort for that purpose alone.

You bravo whoever you like for whatever reason, if any, and I'll do the same.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll also admit to being "stingy".

What really?, I haven't noticed....😂

No, I don't bravo Oracles because they're not competing for their reward. It's a set amount. They can do nothing and still get that set reward. 

A Bravo is a Like of a statement/post/response; so you don't use it this way? 

Does this translate to, you only bravo members you only want to receive a community reward...🤔

If so, I may take that personally 😭

@Anonymous 

@crustylady, I actually don't want to know, and as @Luddite started PM had said it will remain a secret.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@crustylady  PM staff made it clear the formula will remain secret. So, everything you read about it is, at best, an analysis of publicly available data, but more generally just guesswork. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

crustylady

Very true, @ShawnC13 

Could you find out (surely, there's no valid reason why it has to be 'top-secret') how solutions vs bravos vs posts vs started threads are weighted by public mobile for community reward purposes?

I presume it's weighted as written above... but maybe not.   

It feels like sharing this formula (maybe a redacted version which removes judgement/subjectivity...), might be a good resource for community members.

Don't you think?

crustylady

Thanks for weighing in, @Anonymous 

Nope, not you!!!

You're in the same ballpark as many other learned users, about 3:1.    This would make you more than twice as generous as the subject user who is hovering about 7:1.   👍

You also appear to grant your bravos to a wide variety of ranking members, more heavily weighted towards the higher ranking members with presumably higher quality/content/experienced posts.   This suggests you do recognize value, even if that value may be in more direct competition with you on Community rewards.   

The subject user almost completely ignores higher ranking members, yet weighs their bravos towards the lower/new ranking members... perhaps the one's whose solution they're trying to attain.  🤔🤔🤔

crustylady_0-1643474647619.png

@crustylady maybe that is why they said they wouldn't give me Bravo's because of my opinions lol

The post/solution to is one of the most important but can just be about timing as well. The Bravo's/post I think is a great metric as did the usefulness and quality of your posts.  There can only be one solution given but many people can show the appreciation for a good quality post

Why

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you're talking about me. I'll also admit to being "stingy". No, I don't bravo Oracles because they're not competing for their reward. It's a set amount. They can do nothing and still get that set reward. Although when Luddite posts then I'll more than likely bravo it...for obvious reasons.

For me it's more about laziness. It's a tough slog to move my pointer or finger all the way over to that thumbs-up and click or tap it. 🙂

crustylady

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I admit I am stingy with my Bravo's, I haven't checked my tattoo but it isn't good. I am not one to go through a thread and break every post just to give it Bravo's.  I have given it Bravo's in threads for consecutive posts what the time posted is within minutes. 

Weird that you noticed they give it to Oracle's and lower levels as I have had people tell me they won't Bravo my posts because I am an Oracle lol. 

I think the important ratios are Bravo's per post and posts per solutions

@ShawnC13 

Gosh, you're not stingy... sure your ratio is about 3:1, but that's a far cry from 7:1.  

You really had folks tell you they won't bravo Oracles?   That's ridiculous. 

One thing I've noticed about you, @ShawnC13,  is that you'll at least take the time to write your thoughts/opinions and freely share your ideas.

That's more helpful than a few bravos. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I admit I am stingy with my Bravo's, I haven't checked my tattoo but it isn't good. I am not one to go through a thread and break every post just to give it Bravo's.  I have given it Bravo's in threads for consecutive posts what the time posted is within minutes. 

Weird that you noticed they give it to Oracle's and lower levels as I have had people tell me they won't Bravo my posts because I am an Oracle lol. 

I think the important ratios are Bravo's per post and posts per solutions

Need Help? Let's chat.