cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best prepaid carrier

_Naren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wondering who's the best value for the buck for the prepaid carrier. 

11 REPLIES 11

vexter

@mimmo wrote:

@srlawren  The redeaming factor with PM Are the rewards and using LTE vs 3g.  But it all Depends on needs and wants. I think each carrier has It's strengths and weeknesss.  But ultimately yes less for less.

I have recently become a member of the PM community with the purchase of my first cell phone. When I decided to take the cellular plunge I really thought of it as a toy. However when I shopped for a plan $35. for a plan and $10. (at least) + tax kind of took it out of the toy department. So I bought the phone out right and found the $15. monthly PM prepaid plan which looked like it would answer my needs/wants. With the advantage of adding or subtracting data depending on need.  So if I add the $10. and change onto my bill (phone divided by 24 months) it adds up to less than $30. which puts my monthly expenditure closer to the toy category.  Which is how I knew that PM's plan was the best for me. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren  The redeaming factor with PM Are the rewards and using LTE vs 3g.  But it all Depends on needs and wants. I think each carrier has It's strengths and weeknesss.  But ultimately yes less for less.

srlawren

@mimmo wrote:

@_Naren  no but live customer service, ie all done via community and ticket support) , no hardware, no unlimited Data plans, limited  roaming (USA only), and limited long distance calling options. It's 3g data is actually throttled lte.  I am sure I am Missing some things

@mimmo apparently less really is less, eh??

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@_Naren  pm offers rewards that let you reduce your plan cost. Few kiosks,no but live customer service, ie all done via community and ticket support) , no hardware, no unlimited Data plans, limited  roaming (USA only), and limited long distance calling options. It's 3g data is actually throttled lte.  I am sure I am Missing some things

Other carriers have some or none of the above. 

You can use the above to start your needs assessment.

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

don't you think that anyone here will respond that PM is the best prepaid carrier?  

@ShawnC13 @_Naren there are very few absolutes in life; ask a dozen people what "the best" of just about anything you can dream up is and I'll bet you get around a half-dozen different answers.  Even if I think PM is "the best" for me for my needs and budget, it may not be "the best" for my neighbour, or the guy down the street, or my cousin across the country.  

It can get more complicated than this.  Because no carrier brand is even close to perfect, there are days I wish I was with a competitor.  On balance, I wish I were here and I am here.  Life's decisions are full of compromises. 

srlawren

@ShawnC13 wrote:

don't you think that anyone here will respond that PM is the best prepaid carrier?  

@ShawnC13 @_Naren there are very few absolutes in life; ask a dozen people what "the best" of just about anything you can dream up is and I'll bet you get around a half-dozen different answers.  Even if I think PM is "the best" for me for my needs and budget, it may not be "the best" for my neighbour, or the guy down the street, or my cousin across the country.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@_Naren wrote:

Lol this is lounge you can talk about anything 

Yes it is but don't you think that anyone here will respond that PM is the best prepaid carrier?  If it isn't why are they here.  IF you are here and it isn't the best carrier for you then that is something you should fix

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

_Naren

Lol this is lounge you can talk about anything 

Public Mobile is the best carrier for me. Which is why I subscribe to Public Mobile instead of to another carrier, lol.

The same might be said for the majority of people at this forum, since - like me - they're Public Mobile customers.

But "better" and "best" are always subjective, always about the details. Can't give you a "better" answer without a "better" question which actually specifies some details. 

srlawren

@_Naren wrote:

When you have provided zero info about what your needs are from a plan, features you're needing from your provider (PM is especially lean here), and so on, it's virtually impossible for anyone to give you anything approaching an informed or well-reasoned opinion.  This applies to asking a vague question like this on pretty much anything, really.  

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@_Naren wrote:

You are asking this on the official support forum of this prepaid carrier??

Since the pricing across the three third tier providers is nearly identical, the answer obviously depends on your personal needs and location.

Need Help? Let's chat.