cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best book you have ever read?

Jovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Like you, I have been spending a lot time curled up on the couch reading (not a hardship since I love to read) and always on the look out for good books to read!

I am reading The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer right now and would highly recommend it - lots to reflect upon...

Would you share what book are you reading or have read that you really enjoyed?

19 REPLIES 19

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would also add the outsiders to that list

Jovi

@CFPartDeux

Got it!  I am using an iPhone so it doesn’t show.  Thanks!

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jovi wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

I couldn’t find the 3 dots to locate the expand tool??

Apparently PM STILL hasn't fixed the issue of no access to it when using a phone, as per @Jb456 's thread here: Quote button for mobile users  so if you're using a phone, or maybe even a tablet(although, IIRC, @darlicious  said she could access it on her tablet?), you may not be able to get it. If, however, you're using a regular computer, it works as described, and shown in the pics below.

Expand Toolbar.JPG

Expand Toolbar to Quote.JPG

Jovi

@CFPartDeux 

I couldn’t find the 3 dots to locate the expand tool??

CFPartDeux

@Jovi wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

Thanks so much for the tip!  🙂

No problemo..... in case you don't know how to access the quote button, when you hit the "Reply" button on any particular post, on top of the message editor window that pops up, on the right side, there's 3 dots, for a function named, "Expand Toolbar", which will then bring up a 2nd row of gadgets, and if you click on the Quotation mark gadget, the message you're replying to will be quoted, as yours is in this post.

Anyway, the reason I mentioned you do that, is because in one of your posts on the previous page you said, "I have seen the movie. Is the book better?"...... I'm pretty sure nobody here know which person you were replying to, because you might've been referring to "The Chronicles of Narnia", "The Stand", or "Clan of the Cave Bear". On that topic, I think it's generally accepted that the book is almost always better, and in the case of the two books I mentioned, that IS the case. 👍

Jovi

@CFPartDeux 

Thanks so much for the tip!  🙂

Jovi

@Pipcan 

Sounds interesting.  Thank you!  🙂

Jovi

@stevenanto

Great suggestions! Thank you 🙂

Jovi

@dabr @Thanks for the tips!

I will add The DaVinci Code to my list!  Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@Jovi wrote:

Haven’t heard of that book before.   Thanks, I will check it out.  🙂

Are you an avid reader?

When you post something like that, you should either use the "Quote" button, to quote the post you're replying to, or in some other way make it known which post you're replying to...... you typed three posts directly below my previous post, so it's hard to tell to whom you're replying. 🤔

@Jovi  It does make it a little difficult to follow who you're responding to without tagging or quoting...just use the @ key when replying and the names of people in the conversation will populate.

It's been a long time since I've read too, although I keep meaning to read more either new or re-read old favourites, somehow never get around to it.  So the last book I read all the way through and couldn't wait to finish  (I've tried some others and never finished) was Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code.  That was a great read and I'm hoping to get around to reading his sequel, Angels & Demons which has sat unread on my bookshelf unfortunately!

CFPartDeux

@Jovi wrote:

Are you an avid reader?

When you post something like that, you should either use the "Quote" button, to quote the post you're replying to, or in some other way make it known which post you're replying to...... you typed three posts directly below my previous post, so it's hard to tell to whom you're replying. 🤔

Pipcan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Read quite a bit, more lately.  Some good others not.  Louise Penny is good murder mystery series in Eastern Townships

stevenanto

Lord of the rings and the Hobbit are also great reads.

Jovi

I have seen the movie.  Is the book better?

Jovi

Are you an avid reader?

Jovi

Thanks!  I am going to add those to my list of books to read, then again, I spend way too much time indoors.  Going to hit the trails since the weather has been mild and even sunny! 🙂

CFPartDeux

Haven't read a novel, or any entire book for a long time, but some that always come to mind are, "The Stand", by Stephen King, and "Clan of the Cave Bear", along with the rest of that series, by Jean Auel. 👍

Pipcan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Where the Crawdads Sing - Delia Owens

stevenanto

Chronicles of Narnia lol

Need Help? Let's chat.