cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy 10 GB for $40

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I feel an affinity for PM but this seems like a really good deal.

Same price as I am paying here but double the data?

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/03/31/best-buy-mobile-offering-10gb-40-plans-stores/

16 REPLIES 16

Con.....its koodo. Con......its fido. Cons.....enough said.

rossputin

@WoozyPolarBear 

A lot of information you posted is incorrect. It's $40/month for up to two years. Secondly, there is no contract if you are bringing your own device...and this is a BYOD offer.

That's what I thought.  His previous post didn't make sense 

thats why it is call promotinal offer.  if you use that many, very goodplan

@WoozyPolarBear 

I can only find the mobilesyrup article and two threads at redflag.

Yes, some people report BYOD and 24 month discount, as you say. But others report what I saw (and summarized in above post) from the promo websites. Seems like no consensus during or after the deal, lol, I'm guessing there may have been different versions of the promo in different regions?

It's amazing how quickly and completely all the official links vanished once this offer expired. I can't even find any snapshots in the web archives or search engine caches. Sadly I saved no screenshots or images of the pages I visited.

WoozyPolarBear

@Korth wrote:

"Get 10GB of data for only $40 per month" is not the same thing as "Get 10GB of data per month for only $40 per month".

Half of the big data bucket is a one-time signup bonus. $40 per month is only applied for first months, then it's $50 for the rest of the 2 year contract. Not even all that great a signup once you consider the price of SIM card plus "activation charge". And many "conditions apply", as described in the fine print.

A lot of information you posted is incorrect. It's $40/month for up to two years. Secondly, there is no contract if you are bringing your own device...and this is a BYOD offer.

@rossputin wrote:

Where did you read that?

I clicked your link to the mobilesyrup article.

I clicked the link on that article to the Best Buy page.

I clicked the links on that Best Buy page to the Koodo and Fido promo pages.

I clicked the sublinks the "fine print" details. I read the details.

The offers expired 31 March 2021 anyhow. You signed up in time and can read whatever "Terms of Service" are detailed in your contract. Or you didn't signup in time and missed out, the links are offline and the details are redacted, so it doesn't matter anyhow.

rossputin

Where did you read that?

"Get 10GB of data for only $40 per month" is not the same thing as "Get 10GB of data per month for only $40 per month".

Half of the big data bucket is a one-time signup bonus. $40 per month is only applied for first months, then it's $50 for the rest of the 2 year contract. Not even all that great a signup once you consider the price of SIM card plus "activation charge". And many "conditions apply", as described in the fine print.

rossputin

I've decided to stay with PM.  I barely use data.  I still have over 2 gigs left from bonus data from 2 xmases ago.

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rossputin wrote:

Mmmm.  Will these plans be pre or post paid?

I actually don't need 10 GB but since the same price hard not to take it.

Can PM match?

@rossputin  - No price matching at Public Mobile.

You get what you get, and you don't get upset.

macsal

@rossputin wrote:

I feel an affinity for PM but this seems like a really good deal.

Same price as I am paying here but double the data?

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/03/31/best-buy-mobile-offering-10gb-40-plans-stores/

@rossputin , go where you feel happy. People craving more data can get more elsewhere. 

Depending on where you are, maybe you could go up to 13 GB with Eastlink; mind you, it is $15 more than the $40 plan you posted for 10 GB.

macsal_0-1617228179768.png

rossputin

Mmmm.  Will these plans be pre or post paid?

I actually don't need 10 GB but since the same price hard not to take it.

Can PM match?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

Do we need to wonder anymore whether or not the big 3 are in collusion? I think this is just for today too (Mar 31)

I would still pick Koodo for the rollover add-ons. But I ain't goin' nowhere.

Another pro for Koodo is Call Control.  I'm not sure if Virgin offer it, but I confirmed today that Fido does not.  I can confirm that it's quite effective, as I have it enabled on my Koodo line and the volume of unwanted calls has fallen to pretty much zero.  A con for Koodo vs. Fido, on the other hand, is the limited device allow-list for VoLTE feature.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, there are actually different good post-paid deals from $35 since the pandemic.  Different promotion with different data limit.   

I keep saying, PM has good plans < $35.  However, if you are paying $35 or $40, you might not want to stay with PM unless you have many rewards here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do we need to wonder anymore whether or not the big 3 are in collusion? I think this is just for today too (Mar 31)

I would still pick Koodo for the rollover add-ons. But I ain't goin' nowhere.

Spudster

@rossputin 

Wow -- that is awesome.

Go for it!!!

Just be sure to read the fine print before completing... if there's any. 

Need Help? Let's chat.