cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Anybody Else Annoyed With Promos For New Activations Only?

@sherr6 wrote:

@srlawren 

To your first point, yes that would happen. But using Koodo again as an example, at least as an existing customer there's a potential to get 10 GB for $55. I tested out Lucky Mobile's service recently too; I randomly received a text giving me a $5 credit just to use for extras. And this was after 8 days!

Screenshot_2019-07-06-11-40-22.jpg

You're right about the rewards and the other carriers not offering the exact same thing. But some of the other carriers do have referrals too. Lucky Mobile's Refer-A-Friend, Rogers Refer Your Friends, and Koodo Refer-A-Friend are just some of the examples out there. For Public's current reward system, the best 2 are the Loyalty & Autopay reward in my opinion. 2 simple rewards for just being a customer, and adding a credit card to your account. The other ones such as Refer-A-Friend & Community are great too, but they do require some work.

@sherr6, I am sure it is universal that existing customers are annoyed by the aforementioned 3 words.  What are you gonna do when marketing likes those 3 annoying words?  I would say knowing what we know, we roll with the punches and go to where the deals are.  Customers are often part of the problem by applying misplaced loyalty and fear of change.  I bet if the churn rate went through the roof because of the desire to chase new activation, the carrier brands would rethink their strategy. 

BTW, that bonus you got was likely a welcome bonus.  Don't expect it to be a routine occurrence. 

@sherr6, unless something changes drastically before my next renewal, I'll be paying $7 for my Fall 2016 Promo.  That's a $113 discount on my 90-day plan.

Sure, I'd like to see some LTE data promo and 90-day package love, but seriously, a $7 90-day plan after discounts is great for me.

Mayor / Maire

This is an example for the Golden Rule - Whoever has the gold make the rule.

The providers are saying that you did got your bonus when you activated your plan.  You will not get another bonus.

PM knows that the members, who have lots of rewards, will not port out and port back just to get another activation bonus. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

very annoyed. once you joined PM, you don't deserve treat anymore