cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any VOIP.ms experts here??

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I recently set up VOIP.ms to forward calls from home phone (voip.ms) to my cell phone. But logically what happens if I phone home the home phone rings once and I then recieve a message about voicemail. So the call out just loops back (forwarded) to the cell phone. So is there a way to set it up to have the call forward feature work AND for me to call the home phone too???

17 REPLIES 17

@88cranston wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Moved this thread to the lounge

Just as a reminder. 

Oracles and Mayors, should be people persons, understanding, kind, communicative, helpful, promote positive and constructive discussions, be a good example, establish and promote best practices as set out by PM, be unbiased towards others, and look at things objectively, look at postings from the perspective of the OP. 

The PM Community should be like any other small Community that looks after each other, promotes growth, education and guidance to succeed.  I am hoping for a lot of us in the Community, that PM is watching some of the questionable Oracles (and Oracles/Mayors that are following and supporting a bad influence) in what they say, what they move, edit, hide and what they delete (if they can). We are all looking to be here as part of the same team. A team that watches out for one and another, promotes education of the product and all become ambassadors to support and endorse PM’s products. 

Right now, Nov 2019, I can say there are a number of great Oracles here but there is one BAD APPLE with a couple of followers that are just pushing Community members away from the Community and the Product. 

@88cranston . We must remember that this community is for receiving customer service and support for their PM phone service.  We are lucky that we can come here and provide tips and advice to customers in need and in return we may even earn rewards to reduce our bill.  This community will only be as good as the information provided so that is why we all must make sure when people are asking for help we all provide the correct information. 

As for Oracle abilities we are able to move, merge and edit posts.  We can't delete posts.  There was a thread from awhile ago that had some discussion in it.  If I find it I will link it here.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

88cranston

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Just as a reminder. 

Oracles and Mayors, should be people persons, understanding, kind, communicative, helpful, promote positive and constructive discussions, be a good example, establish and promote best practices as set out by PM, be unbiased towards others, and look at things objectively, look at postings from the perspective of the OP. 

The PM Community should be like any other small Community that looks after each other, promotes growth, education and guidance to succeed.  I am hoping for a lot of us in the Community, that PM is watching some of the questionable Oracles (and Oracles/Mayors that are following and supporting a bad influence) in what they say, what they move, edit, hide and what they delete (if they can). We are all looking to be here as part of the same team. A team that watches out for one and another, promotes education of the product and all become ambassadors to support and endorse PM’s products. 

Right now, Nov 2019, I can say there are a number of great Oracles here but there is one BAD APPLE with a couple of followers that are just pushing Community members away from the Community and the Product. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

Left the conversation. 

Wow. You start a topic asking some technical question about a telecom service unrelated to the host site, it gets understandably moved down to the off-topic area, you take umbrage on that, it gets explained...then you haul off in a huff. jeez

@Anonymous I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time, eh?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@88cranston wrote:

Left the conversation. 

Wow. You start a topic asking some technical question about a telecom service unrelated to the host site, it gets understandably moved down to the off-topic area, you take umbrage on that, it gets explained...then you haul off in a huff. jeez

88cranston

Left the conversation. 

@88cranston so you are saying because PMP hah unlimited incoming calls the colour and type of protective cover I put on my phone matters because I want to keep it safe so I don't miss any calls.

ETA. I have also asked them to take a look at the description and if it needs to be updated since The Lounge was introduced?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

88cranston

@srlawren wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

Does this fit in the Lounge or does my Pottery or Bead Making class project fit in the Lounge?

@88cranston I'm still going to say they both do, and that @ShawnC13 made the right call.  Configuring your VoIP.ms system is a VoIP.ms topic, not a Public Mobile one. 

You missed the point. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@88cranston wrote:

Does this fit in the Lounge or does my Pottery or Bead Making class project fit in the Lounge?

@88cranston I'm still going to say they both do, and that @ShawnC13 made the right call.  Configuring your VoIP.ms system is a VoIP.ms topic, not a Public Mobile one. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

88cranston

Yelling NO. But I interpret what I see and I do NOT see this category to be for PM only. NOR does it say so. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 3.07.20 PM.png

Perhaps you could have your influence used more effectively to change the description of the category. 

And in hindsight this does refer to PM as a benefit to current PM users or to attract new PM users. While you may not know of VOIP phone systems or the difference of controlling your VOIP account. Some have unchangeable features and some are totally under the users control. 

How does it refer to PM????  Well let me tell you.....PM has unlimited incoming calls, right? And if you are away from your home or want to recieve a call on your mobile phone or have multiple inbound phone numbers or just one you can to that very inexpensively using a VOIP phone number. And then you can set that VOIP account (1 phone nmber(s)) to forward to any number you want. Very handy and useful, just to be able to answer your home phone any where your mobile phone works. You could also have multiple phone numbers as mentioned for different reasons (advertised numbers, different businessess etc) all to forward to your unlimited inbound mobile phone plan. 

Not sure why the use of large font and bold coloured text is required.  Are you yelling at me?!!?!  There could be 1000's of phone related topics that aren't PM related why should they be included in the main forum.  When rewards are based on some formula that no ones knows exactly how but we figure it is a combination of posts and answers and Bravos non PM topic should be in an area where those items don't count for rewards.

The subforum descriptions were all created before The Lounge came around I guess that one needs to be looked at perhaps

88cranston

@ShawnC13 wrote:

We have always treated the phone stuff as for PM related phone stuff. 

To directly anwer your question....it doesn't refer to PM. 

BUT where does this say PM??? It does say "GENERAL"

When I see them I move the What type of phone should I get here.  How does this relate to your PM service I can move it back but just don't see how it fits in a question for PM related service

We have always treated the phone stuff as for PM related phone stuff.  When I see them I move the What type of phone should I get type post here.  How does this relate to your PM service I can move it back but just don't see how it fits in a question for PM related service

88cranston

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Excuse me????But this seems to be the fit!!

Not this!!!

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 3.07.29 PM.png

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

88cranston

@88cranston wrote:

Hi thank you!!!!!

So I have a Panasonic Hand Set with a answering machine built in. I set it to the max of 7 rings before Panasonic voicemail kicks in and I have set the Voip ring group to 6. So I hope that works. Will test later.

Test failed!!! Voicemail message kicked in after one ring. 😞

88cranston

Hi thank you!!!!!

So I have a Panasonic Hand Set with a answering machine built in. I set it to the max of 7 rings before Panasonic voicemail kicks in and I have set the Voip ring group to 6. So I hope that works. Will test later.

And you may ask why I use the voicemail on the Panasonic. Just a preference. BUT we did have a problem with the phone in use. The next caller would NOT get a busy signal...just a buzz or two. I chatted with Voip.ms and changed some settings.....but still does not work. 

So I turned on their voicemail. So now....no one will ever get a busy signal from our phone as the call will go to Voip voice mail. Then we see on the phone we have a message AND I have it emailed too. It emails to a specific email address for voip calls and for android apps. So when watching TV or Netflix via Android TV box, when the email arrives we get a drrring drrring sound over the TV. 

So, yes we have 2 voicemail systems we need to check. 

Now I need to see if I can make that ring count longer. 

Thanks for your help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@88cranston wrote:

I recently set up VOIP.ms to forward calls from home phone (voip.ms) to my cell phone. But logically what happens if I phone home the home phone rings once and I then recieve a message about voicemail. So the call out just loops back (forwarded) to the cell phone. So is there a way to set it up to have the call forward feature work AND for me to call the home phone too???

Ring count time delay maybe? To allow you the option of picking up on the home phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.