cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I just cheap or is this a good deal?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Just got this promo sent to my email from Public Mobile. Instead of giving us something worthwhile on our existing plans for being a loyal customer, I get this. Who watches TV anyways? I got rid of that years ago. As for internet, I am with a reseller which is way cheaper.

There is no way I'd go for this so called deal which is on a 2 year contract before it goes up to $178.

So you PM customers let me know if I am just being cheap or if this is really a good deal?

NC = Not Cheap

YC = You are the cheapest $%%^!!!!&%$

telus.jpg

40 REPLIES 40

@Korth 

Lol....and you get a $100 credit for ordering online! So the special price for loyal pm customers over two years is $340 more expensive than the average guy walking in off the street That's a sweef deal alright...sweet for suckers.🍭

@darlicious wrote:

Screenshot_20210904-051053~2.png

I got the same msg and same offer.

Exclusive promo/sale price (only for customers "on the list") ...

Telus Internet 75 with unlimited data (2-year contract) for $85/month.

Compare to the normal price (available to the public) ...

Telus Internet 75 with unlimited data (2-year contract) for $75/month.

https://www.telus.com/en/shop/home/product/internet-75

Gee, what a sweet deal!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

My Optik TV + Internet 75 2 years agreement was up 2 months ago.  The best Telus offer was $109 from $87.  I said too much.  CSR told me if I do not sign another agreement, it will be around $180 without any monthly credit.  CSR finally gave me 6 months agreement on month-to-month and cancel without penalty.  I tested the OTA channels with a simple indoor DIY antenna with 2 pieces of 6" copper wires solder to the coax cable.  I do not need Internet 75. I switched to Internet 30 and save a bit more. 

After over 1.5 years of COVID-19, everything are going up.  We are forced to cut down our expenses.  We got a pair of tickets to the free screening of Shang-Chi and the Legend of 10 Rings a few days ago.

@JK8 

Considering what my neighbour's are paying that is a deal.....grumpy_neighbour calls it the rip off a senior plan. I just haven't had the wherewithal to deal with that one yet for him. Maybe when I'm truly laid up after surgery I will tackle that one. I pay $55+tax for the essentials +the pick 6. I'm lucky (in a way) as I qualify for the internet for good program and pay $9.95 a month for unlimited internet 25.

So I laughed when I received the same offer as @mimmo ....

Screenshot_20210904-051053~2.png

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

its a great deal for telus.   lol

I was also offered a special offer via sms i think it was just internet 75 ffor$85   clciking on link you could et $10 off if you were a koodo or telus subscriber.  almost thought of switching to koodo (not really)

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

not cheap at all, we spend way less than that lol

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

NC kinda pricey.

Guy1993
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

NC

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

NC

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're not cheap. That's insane. I got the same email. But I know people that spend that on tv services. I spend less than half of that for 150Mbps internet and Telus Optik Essentials. I simply can not justify spending so much for tv service let alone internet. But people do.

I'm still old school with the old traditional networks. They're not all easily available via streaming and you still have to sit through ads that you can't FF through. I can deal with the brief flashes of ads as I FF through them on a DVR. I rarely watch live tv anymore.

Need Help? Let's chat.