cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All the links that are fit to link

Anonymous
Not applicable

These are the complete works of the Get Help pages.

Getting Started 

What to do after activating 

The images under Create a self-serve account are outdated but get the idea across.

How to Activate 

Making sure your phone works 

Getting a SIM 

Choosing your phone number 

How to use the community 

----------------

Plans & Add-ons 

Our Plans 

90 day plans are mentioned but no longer available.

Data usage carryover 

90 day plans are mentioned again.

How talk & Add-ons work 

Province-wide is mentioned but no longer available.

How to purchase add-ons 

--------------

Phones 

Where to buy a compatible phone 

Finding key phone information 

Setting up your data/APN settings 

Battery life 

Voicemail features 

Phone features 

Lost or stolen phone 

Another old style image but still works.

GPS Rollback 

Certified Pre-Owned Phones 

Warranty, Returns and Repair Policies 

Troubleshooting Tips 

Blackberry Services Update 

--------------

Paying for your service

How to pay 

Autopay 

90 days mentioned again.

Changing your plan 

Managing your credit card 

Plans in suspend 

Promotions 

----------

Self-Serve 

Lost or stolen phone 

Creating a Self-Serve account 

Self-Serve account management 

Managing your data usage 

How to purchase add-ons 

Finding your account number 

Viewing your Promos in Self-Serve 

------------

Rewards 

Old Public Rewards 

Public Points 

Contest Rules 

The Oracle program 

--------

Retail 

Where to buy a SIM 

Retail FAQ's 

Providing feedback on store experience 

Public Mobile SIM Cards at Red Apple Stores and The Bargain! Shop 

-------

Travelling 

Pause your plan 

U.S. Roaming 

Travelling outside of Canada & the U.S. 

Lost or stolen phone 

How Province-Wide talk works 

No more province-wide plans.

--------------

Customer Support 

Contact a Customer Support Agent 

Customer Support Agents hours of operation 

Verify your Identity 

Issues that require a Customer Support Agent 

Port Fraud Protection 

SIM Swap Fraud 

---------------

Accessibility 

Telus IP Relay 

-----------

Health & Safety 

Covid-19 

21 REPLIES 21

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech : You know the "post count" thing is a strategy to hopefully snag a solution by way of "closing" the thread or more likely collect bravos from friendlies or even the OP being polite...right?

May as well lay out all the possible scenarios as I think of them.

You missed an important element in bravos that some members are practicing here daily.. collect bravos from one's own secondary accounts.. aka fake accounts

The simplest way to control that sort of abuse is to only count the bravos and solutions awarded from community accounts which are linked to self-serve accounts.

There's really no other way for PM to deal with sockpuppet accounts, aside from issuing unique user tokens, tracking unique hardware identifiers like MACs and IPs, analyzing backend user metrics, etc. All stuff which is privacy-invasive. And all stuff which, I think, is far beyond the abilities of PM (or Telus) website people.

PM's secret sauce formula for determining community rewards is already kept deliberately opaque. So we'd never really know if they adjust the automation or even assign "merit" on arbitrary personal judgements. Well, perhaps those who exploit the system could compile enough metadata to figure out how it all works, though it seems unlikely they'd ever admit their methodology or their findings.

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech : You know the "post count" thing is a strategy to hopefully snag a solution by way of "closing" the thread or more likely collect bravos from friendlies or even the OP being polite...right?

You missed an important element in bravos that some members are practicing here daily.. collect bravos from one's own secondary accounts.. aka fake accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv wrote:

Whoa @Anonymous that is the kitchen and bathroom and ensuite sink. Renovations and all!  😃

Now, each time a link has revised you are going to have to edit this. 😉

@esjliv   No need to edit.. just post something to get the post count.. that's how it was done many many many many times daily!!!!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Whoa @Anonymous that is the kitchen and bathroom and ensuite sink. Renovations and all!  😃

Now, each time a link has revised you are going to have to edit this. 😉

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Anonymous   Hi Z--Z, great Summary

@ShawnC13 

I guess if it wasn't you then I know the likely one.....which means all decisions are final so there is no point.

@darlicious you can have your opinion as to if this is miscategorized.  If this thread was moved here it was done by an Oracle you could approach them as well.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

While I understand the frustration of the OP to resort to sarcasm as I watch a member recieve multiple solutions simply for being the first or last or both to post in a thread after everyone in between does the hard work....and will likely be rewarded as a top 1% contributor this month ( just what does that say about the help being provided?!!) I don't think the first two posts of this thread should languish in the lounge. In fact this thread should be pinned to the top of the get support board. Front and centre as an easy reference guide for new users since pm's choice to basically hide the help articles links from obvious view.....where did you say it was again? If I have to ask again how is a new member supposed to find them?

This thread is in my mind is clearly miscatergorized. But I guess if you want encourage the posting behavior that causes such irritation and annoyance of the regular members than just leave it as it is....they obviously get special privileged treatment from pm. I will be the first to nominate them for Oracle status the next time pm recruits for new team members.

Edit:

Oops did I forget to add .../s...at the end of that last paragraph? Or maybe it should be.../s--s?

@darlicious, I am not sure as I thought this is where the thread was created.  The post was created to as it states "join" the member that so many people have been complaining about so it seems like a post to mock someone and take what they do to a total extreme.  I didn't move this thread but it seems like a good place for it

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous 

At some point I swear I saw them in get support but I could have been looking at a thread that had previously been in get support section.

@ShawnC13 

Any reasonable explanation for why this thread had been moved to the lounge?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Aha....they are back again. weird.

Edit:

Ok wait why is this in the lounge? So the entire help article library for public mobile is not phone or pm related? Well I guess that makes as much sense as this new forum. Bizarre World.

@darlicious : Add tags are just down here. ??

Them's our illustrious overzealous Oracles. Yeah...category called Get Support. Supply the entire set of support links...nope...lounge. Bizarre indeed. 

@Anonymous 

Aha....they are back again. weird.

Edit:

Ok wait why is this in the lounge? So the entire help article library for public mobile is not phone or pm related? Well I guess that makes as much sense as this new forum. Bizarre World.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : And of course resetting the home internet. Can't be forgetting that. /s
 @Yummy : One would think that that's what the company is tolerating soo...
 @0PX9O4 : Have at 'er 🙂
 @darlicious : I pretty much expected it to get dumped down here. If you select Sorted by: Recent replies then the threads will at least pop up that last got a post. But unfortunately, the default is Recent threads. It's also why I still use All Posts. I can't stand that other view. Like in the lounge. Oh look...tagging down here. Are they searchable generally?
Thanks @benfatto

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

7101676_well-done-great-effort-well-done-hd-png.png.jpeg

@Anonymous 

@Anonymous 

Dang it where did the tagging option go? It was added to get support and now it's gone?!! I mean this is the one section that needs that option.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Hey that's awesome! I was just complaining how they are not easy to find on the mobile version of the forum.....now you just need to get it pinned....lol or get pinned!

Have you noticed how threads now just get buried unlike before when they when pop back up to the top of the board so they were easy to find and reply to? The whole community is just one long laundry list pinned to the wall over the kitchen sink next to the whole kit and kaboodle.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous 

Thanks! I'm going to copy paste the entirety of both your messages in response to each new thread now! /s

Oh, my... Somebody is going to add all these links to existing kitchen sink and replies will become even messier.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous    lol...but you've forgotten to mention the beautiful (or is it fabulous) service... 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

These are most of the links from the home page

Public Mobile Home Page 

----------

Shop

Plans 

SIM Card/Bring your own phone 

Phones 

Get Started 

-----------

Why Public