Did you mean: 

After COVID-19 is Done!!!!!!!

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

IMG-2490.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Korth true - this will be our new normal for the next few years because this strain mutates very fast so scientists having a hard time looking for a vaccine. COVID-19, according to som e infectious diseases experts, has characteristics  possesses the alpha, beta, delta, and gamma coronavidae family.... to include the HIV character of reverse transcriptase... that even COVID-19 has it.

@Korth 

If it makes people who feel sick stay home and/or wear a mask and create a societal change in attitudes about taking sick days it will greatly reduce the spread of all rhino, corona, influenza and other seasonal viruses. Enshrining labour and employment laws with guaranteed paid sick days and employment protections for all workers to self isolate when sick will make huge difference  in reducing community transmission.

Data from China ("Wave 2") shows that some people who recover from Covid-19 can catch it again, they don't gain immunity, although (if they're otherwise healthy) they might gain some resistance to casual exposures. Many "non-lethal" coronaviruses have been circulating through human populations for decades or centuries - Covid-19 is new but corona-based common colds and pneumonias are not - and as a category they're known to rapidly "mutate" into differentiated strains. I don't expect any coronavirus/MERS/SARS cure or vaccine to appear anytime soon, I don't think Covid-19 will be "done" for at least a few years. Rotating pandemic lockdowns and travel restrictions and disease-tracking surveillance might just become the "normal" thing over the next decade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

But then again, I have a cynical perspective, so maybe my "realistic" pessimism is unwarranted and overly negative in this instance, lol.

yanzhiqiang

I totally agree too.

brettster99

Totally agree. When all this is done I’m going to go into every single small scale non chain restaurant to eat. Oh the adventures of food I can already taste 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

IMG-2490.JPG

I totally agree with this! I'm not really a nationalist, but this virus has shown us the dangers of globalization and how buying stuff from countries across the world can be cheap but in the meantime it really is not beneficial in crisis. I also cant wait until this is over my extroverted mind set can only spend so much time in the community here LOL

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 Yes, that's right. We need to support our local businesses so they could become better and better.

Need Help? Let's chat.