Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good read for iPhone users

geopublic
Mayor / Maire
4 REPLIES 4

@Luddite wrote:

Zounds, no joy of the season in your posts.

Bah, humbug!

@geopublic  @Korth  Zounds, no joy of the season in your posts.

Guess I'm at least on a better track in never using the phone to access my banking sites. Also, follow someone's recent advice and use fake names/addresses whenever possible.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You are right,Nothing is secure these days.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

To be fair, the specific exploits attack iPhone vulnerabilities, but the general method is able to attack all smartphone vulnerabilities.

Alas, a mobile phone is not something you can carry around in an RFID-shielded container. Turning it off when not in use would be just as inconvenient but more secure.

And, alas, too many people foolishly believe their phone's biometric security features are actually secure. They're wrong.

Fingerprints aren't secure. You leave copies of them on every single item you touch. There's probably even a perfect copy on the fingerprint scanner itself, it's just like leaving a key sitting in a lock.

Facial recognition isn't secure. Since everyone around you has a mobile camera built into their mobile phone, easy enough to photograph your face without your knowledge.

Voice recognition isn't secure. Since, again, everyone has a mobile recorder built into their mobile phone. And access to free software which can "speak" whatever you like in any recorded voice sample you can provide.

Need Help? Let's chat.