Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 minutes calling + unlimited texting 99 cents per week

geopublic
Mayor / Maire
76 REPLIES 76

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I should stop suggesting that Canadian wifi texting app as that competes with Public Mobile...seeing as how I agree with ShawnC13 here. We have our differences...as well as differences with will13am but I would even go so far as to either edit or remove mentions of competing products.

We all have free speech in an open free-for-all environment. Not a corporate forum.

But if this company doesn't care what competing products are mentioned then fine.

Thus my point about things not being so black and white.  When in a grey zone, I am not all knowing enough to have the monopoly on what is definitely right or wrong.  But then again, I am a bad example.  I am human.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I should stop suggesting that Canadian wifi texting app as that competes with Public Mobile...seeing as how I agree with ShawnC13 here. We have our differences...as well as differences with will13am but I would even go so far as to either edit or remove mentions of competing products.

We all have free speech in an open free-for-all environment. Not a corporate forum.

But if this company doesn't care what competing products are mentioned then fine.

@geopublic wrote:

My intention was to bring attention to affordable options for customers that have been asking PM to bring back the $10 plan.

Apparently some disagree and think they have a right to decide  and censor.

@Tiana_V  can you please comment?

It isn't censored at all?  Had it been removed from public view?  As well the comment about freedom of speech nothing had been removed or edited the post is in its original form with nothing edited or censored

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

My intention was to bring attention to affordable options for customers that have been asking PM to bring back the $10 plan.

Apparently some disagree and think they have a right to decide  and censor.

@Tiana_V  can you please comment?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I wish everything in life was black and white.  Then my human side wouldn't rear it's ugly head so often.

So are you saying we should have threads about Lucky, chatter, Fido, Virgin. I personally wouldn't want discussion about a competitor IF I was the owner of this site.  When not as an owner I wouldn't want them here . If I want to know about them I would go to there sure

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Looks fine from here.  I don't take moving content lightly.  The OP thinks this is a suitable place for the discussion.  Unless there's malicious intent, who am I to be a better judge?  

I moved it as why would PM allow the advertisement of another provider on their customer service forum.  I don't think you have ever moved anything

Yes I have.  I just don't do it with the same frequency as you do.  This could have been the beginning of an on topic discussion of what Public Mobile should consider offering.  I have no idea of whether OP intended the discussion to head.  My crystal ball is in the shop undergoing repairs.  I was under the impression that industry related discussion is okay.  I am human and make lots of mistakes.  That's my alibi.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Looks fine from here.  I don't take moving content lightly.  The OP thinks this is a suitable place for the discussion.  Unless there's malicious intent, who am I to be a better judge?  

I moved it as why would PM allow the advertisement of another provider on their customer service forum.  I don't think you have ever moved anything

@Tiana_V  Is this true?

@will13am wrote:

I would not boldly make an unverified assumption that this is advertisement. If it was, then even posting in the lounge is questionable.  

Fair enough.  A discussion of a different provider 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would not boldly make an unverified assumption that this is advertisement. If it was, then even posting in the lounge is questionable.  I am not saying that I am 100% correct.  In the absence of malice, I defer to free speech.

@geopublic wrote:

@ShawnC13  Are you  a Public Mobile employee? I thought you were a customer. 🤔

@geopublic I am a customer, and an Oracle.  Even as a customer I think the right place for it is in The Lounge

EDITED:  I have never stated I wasn't a customer or that I was an employee of PM

@ShawnC13  Are you  a Public Mobile employee? I thought you were a customer. 🤔

@will13am wrote:

That's why I asked the Oracle's. As you know the guidelines best.

I thought "Discussion" section was for things related to Public Mobile.

And well considering all the topics of people bent out of shape on Bravo's. Discussion section counts towards them where the Lounge does not..... 

@will13am wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Should this not be in the lounge? 

@computergeek541 @ShawnC13 @will13am @Luddite 

Need Help? Let's chat.