cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3HK 30GB 365 days $45 CAD

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I found something incredible but it may not last forever. 3HK (A Hong Kong carrier) is offering 365 day Canada/USA/Mexico data plans for $45 CAD. The 365 day plan includes 30GB of regular data and an extra 5 GB of data for social media. 

If you divide by 12 months that leaves you with 2.5GB for 3.75$ per month ! Imagine paring that with a PM or Freedom Mobile plan. 

This won't last long because new laws were put in place. Effective March 2022, New sign-ups require a Hong Kong ID. You don't physically have to be in HongKong, but you need an ID. 

More info can be found here 

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/three-hk-3-hk-mobile-data-10gb-ca-us-aus-nz-uk-esim-138-hkd-22-cad-2...

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

I skimmed over this plan when it was first started on RFD but with the bf's need for data and the fact that his pixel 3xl has an e-sim this plan may work for him whereas our extra data plan account requires hotspotting for him to use it. Seriously considering it.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Foreign operators are able to offer things - like full roaming and data in Canada - which are outside the direct controls of the Big Three and their bribed CRTC minions.

I have a friend who pays (I think) about $20/month to get full coverage in Canada, USA, most of North America, South America, Asia - unlimited talk and text, along with 100GB LTE data (with indefinite rollover of unused data every month) - from a Singapore-based operator. She also gets tons of gifts, prizes, rewards, savings, and promo stuff from them - they value long-term customer loyalty. (Hard to get exact details from her, since she just laughed when I described Public Mobile's offerings, I think she just doesn't want to brag.)

The catch? To subscribe to this company you've got to be a citizen of Singapore with an address in Singapore. But take a quick look at their front page plans to get an idea of what's out there. $10/month for 5GB unlimited local talk plan, $20/month for 100GB LTE unlimited roaming plan, $30/month for 250GB LTE unlimited roaming plan, etc.

https://www.circles.life/sg/

The rules about who can (and who cannot) be a subscriber are imposed by the foreign operator itself.

They're not rules imposed by (or enforceable by) the CRTC market protections wireless regulations.

Other foreign operators have their own rules. Canadians in Canada will be able to subscribe to better and cheaper wireless plans in Canada (and USA/etc) through foreign providers than through Canadian providers, options exist now, more and better options become available every year.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI : Yup...two schools of thought 1. what do I have to hide?, 2. um...me...it's none of your business.

BearFBI

@Anonymous I don't really care, they can see whatever they want. "Oh wow, look at this guy watch cat videos on YouTube" 

Do all your banking and whatnot over VPN or home WiFi and your fine. 

On this subject, CMlink, a fully Chineese established carrier in Canada with retail stores and everything got asked to leave Canada cause the government was worried about them spying. No more CM link for Canadians I guess. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wariness of China alarms are standing at alert. Hmm what could go wrong? Data piping through a server in China. hmmm

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pkaraa wrote:

Good Info. @BearFBI 

P.S. How this thread is accepting bravos in 'The Lounge' ?

Because they re-enabled them a couple of weeks ago, but they don't count towards your rewards at all.

pkaraa

Good Info. @BearFBI 

P.S. How this thread is accepting bravos in 'The Lounge' ?

0PX9O4

Looking at their website now, it shows a plan for that same price that excludes Mexico, but includes a bunch of other countries!

"Applicable to the below destinations:

Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK, USA"

0PX9O4

Wow, that's an excellent find @BearFBI !!

I'm looking into this now!

Need Help? Let's chat.