Need coffee.. Answer asap 💞

24 REPLIES 24

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

ASAP

@will13am wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe for a dollar or two. But more than that...lazy?...easy? I don't think so.

@Anonymous agreed.  I think a lot of people underestimate the amount of time you have to put in to get the higher reward levels, and once they come to the realization that it amounts to pennies on the hour, they move on.  This has become even more true in recent months.

@Anonymous wrote:

I happen to disagree with the idea of removing the community. Although now with the mods replying so quickly with ticket invites or attempts at answers...maybe the community is becoming less relevant anyway.

I never suggested to remove the community, merely the community rewards. 

Take away the rewards and the tumble weed will start to appear.   

Incentive plays an important role in society as it does in the commuity...even if it's only $1. That buys a very nice carrot. Next thing you know you have a whole bag of them.

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous agreed.  I think a lot of people underestimate the amount of time you have to put in to get the higher reward levels, and once they come to the realization that it amounts to pennies on the hour, they move on.  This has become even more true in recent months.

@Anonymous wrote:

I happen to disagree with the idea of removing the community. Although now with the mods replying so quickly with ticket invites or attempts at answers...maybe the community is becoming less relevant anyway.

Take away the rewards and the tumble weed will start to appear.   

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't mind the time factor too much, but I will say that because I'm on here so often, that I can't really watch tv live. For example, 15 minutes into The Good Doctor, I'm going to turn it off because I don't know what's going on in the episode.  Since I'm always needing to rewind parts of an episode to figure out what's going on because I'm doing more than one thing at once, it probably takes me 2 hours to watch a 1 hour show.  So, if you're going to put in 2 or 3 hours per day, do it only if you're enjoying it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

THEnewfie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Regardless of the need for the community.. it probably keeps the legit email inboxes of PM from gettin a fair amount of hate mail and bogging down "the system" 😂🤷 ..I mean, it IS the internet.. and people love to complain at the slightest inconvenience more than ever. This place is a buffer against our collective BS as much as it is about saving them a dollar to be more profitable lol. 

That was a common theme to "the question" that Johnny would answer with but not the only scenario. 

A Carnac episode on Youtube including the entrance and introduction: (3 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuFSWcNe8hY&list=PLNxIBFGfrTE0y4V4hwVzXmvYO51qAobVV&index=1

The last "Carnac" episode: (5 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQFf_Vb0Hw&list=PLNxIBFGfrTE0y4V4hwVzXmvYO51qAobVV&index=3

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

I have to admit.... the only thing I understand/recognize in this entire thread is the picture I posted of Carnac the Magnificent (the King of late night Johnny Carson).

For those too young, this was one of many skits on the tonight show during Johnnys reign. Ed McMahon was the straight man who would start by giving Carnac "the answer". Carnac would then hold the hermetically sealed envelope that had the question inside up to his head as in the picture and declared what the question inside the envelope was that Ed had initially given the answer to. In my mind some of the funniest skits I ever saw on Johnnys show.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  Am i wrong or did johnny not always answer with 3 "things" have in common?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

... an example of the kind of post that makes me think that Public Mobile should discontinue the community reward program.  I know this is an unpopular opinion, but it draws out people looking for their coffee money.  

The Community Rewards program does tend to draw out people looking for free, lazy, easy money. Which is a bad thing. 

But it draws out people nonetheless. Which is a good thing. 

Maybe for a dollar or two. But more than that...lazy?...easy? I don't think so. And interesting how some people come on here and blast away for a month and get one reward and then disappear. I know there are some people that might think they will always get a reward for one months work but then after the next month of nothing they still seem to be gone.

(removed double post) 

@srlawren wrote:

... an example of the kind of post that makes me think that Public Mobile should discontinue the community reward program.  I know this is an unpopular opinion, but it draws out people looking for their coffee money.  

The Community Rewards program does tend to draw out people looking for free, lazy, easy money. Which is a bad thing. 

But it draws out people nonetheless. Which is a good thing. 

I have to admit.... the only thing I understand/recognize in this entire thread is the picture I posted of Carnac the Magnificent (the King of late night Johnny Carson).

For those too young, this was one of many skits on the tonight show during Johnnys reign. Ed McMahon was the straight man who would start by giving Carnac "the answer". Carnac would then hold the hermetically sealed envelope that had the question inside up to his head as in the picture and declared what the question inside the envelope was that Ed had initially given the answer to. In my mind some of the funniest skits I ever saw on Johnnys show.

AE_Collector

srlawren

@computergeek541 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 remember you asking me yesterday for examples?  Robot Mad

@Babyphat30 wrote:

an example of?

@computergeek541 you know darn well, but for anyone curious:  an example of the kind of post that makes me think that Public Mobile should discontinue the community reward program.  I know this is an unpopular opinion, but it draws out people looking for their coffee money.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@Babyphat30 wrote:

an example of?

srlawren

@Babyphat30 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

This thread has been moved to The Lounge.

@AE_Collector  This is all your fault...you just had to bring Johnny Carson into it and make it into joke! Geez...youre just a laugh a minute around here.I should have predicted this.

This thread has been moved to The Lounge.

@AE_Collector wrote:

I know...I'm dating myself but...
03297862-6568-48F0-AD7C-CC1F0CFC3DB1.jpeg

Is that an oracle?  I can't even read my own mind, never mind somone else's mind. 

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Babies shouldn't get a 20% discount on their PM plans. That doesn't really seem fair, especially since their hands are to small to operate a phone.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector  @hairbag1 

What do @Babyphat30 , coffee beans and a twoonie have in common?

Dunno !

Uh Oh! I guess @AE_Collector  and I are both showing our age....if you don't get the reference. @hairbag1 ....sigh.

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector  @hairbag1 

Dunno !

@AE_Collector  @hairbag1 

I know...I'm dating myself...but...
03297862-6568-48F0-AD7C-CC1F0CFC3DB1.jpeg

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Babyphat30 wrote:

OK....what's the question...asap. ?

Need Help? Let's chat.