cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong info when I call on others phone

simranwings
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an issue with my number. if I call someone on cell phone, it shows I am from brampton and if I call on land line number it shows long distance call. It is very annoying as people dont pick my phone. please help to fix this issue.

14 REPLIES 14

As a few people mentioned (correctly) above ALL numbers under that series are Brampton numbers

Hence long distance claims (Vaughan to Brampton despite how close they are IS a long distance call)

Your only choice is to change your number

@simranwingsThe provider which allows one to put their name on the phone number is Rogers (the top tier level). If being able to control your name on your listing is important to you, I suggest you move to Rogers.

@simranwings wrote:

it is a new number. I selected here on public mobile. so I cant change the number as it is important for my job. please advice

Sorry, but you don't have much of a choice. I've looked at 905, 289, and 365 area codes, and the only one of those area codes with OCN of 8303 next to it for 998 is the 365 area code. 365-998-xxxx are all Bramptom phone numbers. If you don't want a Bramptom number, you will need to change it. An alternative would be to get a Woodbridge number as you desire and the  forward calls to your Bramptom number.

@Dunkman wrote:

@simranwings 

Easiest way is to change phone numbers.  If not possible, you might be out of luck.  

I guess that you could try to contact moderator/PM employee to see whether they can do anything about it.  Click on quesiton mark on right lower corner of website to start ticketing process.  Not sure whether moderators can help this situation.  

As you've already discovered for @simranwings , all 365-998 numbers are bramptom numbers.  Moderators can't change the city that a phone number is assigned to.

@simranwings 

Easiest way is to change phone numbers.  If not possible, you might be out of luck.  

I guess that you could try to contact moderator/PM employee to see whether they can do anything about it.  Click on quesiton mark on right lower corner of website to start ticketing process.  Not sure whether moderators can help this situation.  

simranwings

it is a new number. I selected here on public mobile. so I cant change the number as it is important for my job. please advice

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I think they are asking for you to give  the first 6 digits of your tel number. Ie area code  4,next 3 digits.  Those are what determine the "city" you are calling from.

Also was this a new number assigned to you or an old number that you were using before?

@simranwings 

According to website mentioned above,

365998TELUS Mobility8303In Service

Brampton

It looks like Brampton number.  I am not an expert though....

You could change your number to get the correct phone number for your area.  See screenshot below.  When you click on Select your Group, you can choose your specific area number.  

Pasted Graphic 1.png

Did you port in your number. Are you attached to it? Maybe you can just change it and choose the number that is on Woodbridge?

You can change your number once per every 30 days free of charge.

Just before choosing number Google it too, just to make sure it wasn't involved in anything. I ended up once with a printer support number and was receiving calls day and night from all around world. My number was actually on an old device, not only in the manual.

simranwings

Please suggest what to do? the code I mentioned is it correct? 

simranwings

simranwings

998  TELUS MOBILITY   8303

simranwings

I am not able to understand which code I can post. I live in woodbridge. please help

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile has nothing to do with this, the carrier exchange is assigned by the Canadian Numbering Administrator (Government agency, CRTC)

You can look up your phone number here:

http://cnac.ca/data/COCodeStatus_NPA289.htm

http://cnac.ca/data/COCodeStatus_NPA365.htm

http://cnac.ca/data/COCodeStatus_NPA905.htm

Or if you post the carrier area code and exchange we can validate it

But I suspect you are using a Brampton number

@simranwings wrote:

I have an issue with my number. if I call someone on cell phone, it shows I am from brampton and if I call on land line number it shows long distance call. It is very annoying as people dont pick my phone. please help to fix this issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.