cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is my add on not adding to my data plan

Michelle93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i purchased a $15 data add on but its not working, can someone explain why this is?????

5 REPLIES 5

@darlicious 

Love the vending machine comparison.

@kselmak recently used jukebox comparison in another thread.

Good thinking on both of you!!!   

@Michelle93 

You have to treat your self serve account like a vending machine whenever you want to purchase something. You peruse all of the offerings, once you have decided what you want you put the funds into the machine, then you push the buttons to make your selection and press enter/submit, your selection then drops down to where you can access it.

Same with your account, go thru the options, add the funds, make your selection, submit the payment, your purchase drops down into your plan and add ons section at the bottom of your overview page. It stays there until you completely finish it then it saves you a step by disappearing altogether whereas you have to toss your drink container in the recycling bin or your snack wrapper in the garbage.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Michelle93 wrote:

i purchased a $15 data add on but its not working, can someone explain why this is?????

Was data working before you bought the add-on?If you had an old plan that doesn't have data and the add-on is shown in your account, check your APN settings. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle93 

Can you please confirm if the data details are showing as a line item under your Data and Add-Ons section on your self-serve landing page?

If so, you should be good to go.

If not, it means you may have added the funds, but perhaps not applied the add-on to the service.   Follow @esjliv advice on ensuring the 2-step process is completed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Michelle93 ,

Purchasing an Add-On:

Note that purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and

2-then add the add-on to your account.

Don't forget to restart your phone.

*You can make the purchase via self serve account or by calling 611 on your phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Need Help? Let's chat.