cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why data info now show up in my account

lanxiangyu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just used the service 3 days ago and my data almost used up. but I cannot find the data usage overview on dashboard (i can find historical info). can anyone advise where I can find overview data remaining info?

and one day I used 170M data but I have wifi at home. any advise why this happened?

https://imgur.com/S3eSNo2

thanks a lot

14 REPLIES 14

@srlawren wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Sounds like the long time users have been very patient, too bad there seems to be so little interest by PM to adopt some of these necessary changes:)

@dabr unfortunately, the majority of us are willing to put up with a lot to save a few bucks, and PM is reluctant to act unless things impact their bottom line.  So.......  

giphy

I almost thought this was the host of Painfully Honest Tech as a youthful hipster!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57eyMShoECg&feature=share

@srlawren  Yep saving a few bucks always wins out, same here:)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dabr wrote:

Sounds like the long time users have been very patient, too bad there seems to be so little interest by PM to adopt some of these necessary changes:)

@dabr unfortunately, the majority of us are willing to put up with a lot to save a few bucks, and PM is reluctant to act unless things impact their bottom line.  So.......  

giphy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@dabr wrote:

I agree, it would be more helpful (and less confusing), instead of disappearing, if it just showed that all of the data/minutes of the plan has been consumed.

@dabr agreed!  Limited minutes is a more recent introduction, but the community has been asking for this change in regards to data since I joined in fall 2015 (and probably earlier).  This is long overdue.

srlawren

@dabr wrote:

I agree, it would be more helpful (and less confusing), instead of disappearing, if it just showed that all of the data/minutes of the plan has been consumed.

@dabr agreed!  Limited minutes is a more recent introduction, but the community has been asking for this change in regards to data since I joined in fall 2015 (and probably earlier).  This is long overdue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@lanxiangyu wrote:

I just used the service 3 days ago and my data almost used up. but I cannot find the data usage overview on dashboard (i can find historical info). can anyone advise where I can find overview data remaining info?

@Alan_K I'm going to tag you again on this issue.  I know you guys don't think it's a bug that your data usage info disappears from the Overview page once used up, but you need to change how this works.  It is not clear for your customers and continues to cause questions like this.  We see this very regularly.  Please change the way this works.

srlawren

@lanxiangyu wrote:

@Alan_K I'm going to tag you again on this issue.  I know you guys don't think it's a bug that your data usage info disappears from the Overview page once used up, but you need to change how this works.  It is not clear for your customers and continues to cause questions like this.  We see this very regularly.  Please change the way this works.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lanxiangyu wrote:

@lanxiangyu  If you don't see the data usage on the dashboard it means that you have used up you data and you have not more data in your plan.

and one day I used 170M data but I have wifi at home. any advise why this happened?

@lanxiangyu  Public Mobile's data counter is very accurate. Maybe your WiFi went down temporarily etc.

thanks a lot

@lanxiangyu  250MB is not much maybe consider switching to the $25.00 plan to get 1GB if you find that 250MB is not enough. A good article on how to manage your data can be found here

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@lanxiangyu wrote:

thanks a lot

250 MB doesn't give you much. It's more for emergency use only.

You can google search "How to limit data access on (your phone model)"

Make sure to connect to wifi regularly so that your phone apps are kept up-to-date.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lanxiangyu wrote:

thanks a lot

The others have explained where to see the usage, you can also check the usage per app on your device.

Here are a couple of good resources to do this...

iPhone

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201299

Android

https://ting.com/blog/ting-tip-for-android-control-which-apps-use-background-mobile-data/

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@lanxiangyu, as your plan has only 250mb of data available to it in the base package, it appears you've gone through all of it already, as the data meter no longer appears on your overview page (your linked image).

To add more data, you'll need to purchase a data add-on or wait for your plan to renew.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@lanxiangyu On the main page of your account under Data and Addons it shows how much of your data you have used for the month, if there is no data usage there it mean that you have used it all. You should download a data monitoring app and turn off data when you don't need to use it, many apps use data in the background even if they are closed.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self serve account and next to data and add-ons click on view my usage.

jordan23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hi @lanxiangyu , if you click on the "View My Usage" tab on the right side, are you able to see your data remaining info? I clicked at mine and I can see exactly how much data I have left.data usage.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.