cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where's the other kid's plan? Oy vey, complicated!

sinned
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there.  I've got 2 boys.  They both have phones with Public Mobile.  A couple of months ago, I got a replacement Debit Visa card.  I figured out I should've updated my info with PM when both boys' phones stopped working.  Oops.

I got things settled-up, and the phones were working.

This is where it gets confused.  Both boys' phones got wrecked during the Christmas Break.  I picked up an unlocked phone for one lad, but when we popped the SIM in, it didn't work.  Works fine on wi-fi, but no texts or calls.

There's also a balance of $120 on my PM account, meaning that one of the payments didn't come out. 

I can't find reference to either of the phone numbers, in the online PM account info.  

What the heck? How do I sort this?

Assistance much appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8

If the phones were destroyed is it possible that the SIM cards were damaged as well?

Also, I don't know if PM locks SIM cards to phones, but if they do that could be why it won't work in a new phone.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sinned wrote:

I didn't know that 2 phones couldn't be one one account.  Thought they had been, all along.  I think I need Mod help.  How?

You can contact the Moderator_Team using the "mail" icon at the top of this page, or simply use this link to get in touch with them.  Provide as many details as possible to confirm your identity (number, PIN, e-mails that you have, etc.), to minimize the necessity for back-and-forth messaging.  The turn-around for a response has been a couple days lately, so keep a pack of patience nearby!

Good luck!

sinned

"If you're using a gmail.com e-mail address"  Nope. Thanks, though, good thinking.

"Did you activate them both yourself, online?"  Yep.  I would've been the one to activate 'em.

I'll try the sign-in thing... Not too hopeful, though.

Here goes.....

sinned

"Did you at any time intentionally suspend the account?"

Nope.  

I went back and checked my bank statements: Public Mobile payments (2 payements each time) went out on June 6, September 4.  The December payments weren't made until December 21st.  That was after the boys' phones stopped working, and I figured out it was problably because I'd got the new card. 

I didn't know that 2 phones couldn't be one one account.  Thought they had been, all along.  I think I need Mod help.  How?

CalgaryBen

@sinned wrote:

Problem is, I have no idea what the username or contact info would have been: as far as I knew, it was all on the one account.

I concur -- life would be easier if multiple numbers could fall under the umbrella of a single account!  But unfortunately, that's not the case.

If you're using a gmail.com e-mail address, perhaps you leveraged the "dotted" variation to create a different address?  Did you activate both SIM cards yourself, online?  You could always try using the "Forgot your password?" link on the sign-in page, and try entering variations of the e-mails you have access to.  If it's unknown, it will respond "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."; if it's a recognized e-mail address, it will send you a URL to change your password for that account.

Failing this, I have a feeling it's going to require Moderator intervention...

GreatCanadian

If you are trying to set up a new profile with the phone number that your son already has, then that's why you are getting the message that the number is not available. His profile already exists. If the new phone is compatible with Public Mobile you should have only needed to switch the SIM to the new phone. 

Did you at any time intentionally suspend the account?

GC 

sinned

Thanks, CalgaryBen.  

So, I tried to create a new profile, but when I entered the lad's phone number, it said that number was already taken, or was invalid.  Problem is, I have no idea what the username or contact info would have been: as far as I knew, it was all on the one account.  Ideas, anyone?

CalgaryBen

Hi @sinned,

If I'm reading your post correctly, you're logged into a self-serve account, expecting to see both phone numbers?

If so, then note that each phone number must have its own self-serve account, which translates to a unique e-mail address for every phone number.  Once you're logged into the account, click "Plan and Add-Ons", and near the top of this page (above the Plan info) you should see the phone number for which you're administering...

Having a single account overseeing multiple phone numbers is definitely a desired/requested feature/capability, but sadly not something we can really expect anytime soon (if ever).

Not sure if that helps, but just thought I'd clarify this part first...

Need Help? Let's chat.