cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website and issues

htauthority
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

Many older long time customers and new signups have come from another community, on RFD (redflagdeals). Currently with Koodo and signed up with PM. Have been reading about PM for awhile, it is well known that the service itself is good (Telus) but the website can be slow, very slow at times and glitchy. Just trying to help improve things so that you reps and mods have an easier job.

Customers activating, I understand many do not fill in the required fields properly. Either they do not know what they are doing or they fill something out wrong while being in a hurry. I'm sure this accounts for several of the issues that you guys have to resolve. If one digit is inputted incorrectly obviously the activation will not work. So this would be user error.

The website itself can be really slow as reported. Have had timeouts myself and have seen the site down for maintenance a few times at night. Suggestion: To improve the server. If a customer fills everything correctly, activation should be quick, easy, painless. If the website hangs or timeouts during any activation, bill change, plan change, adding an add on, etc then this is going to create and has created problems I'm sure. Frustrating for the customer, more work for the mods. Upgrading to a faster server to eliminate the lag and be able to handle higher loads would help greatly minimize much of these problems before they even happen. To my knowledge the PM site has been up since 2015 so that's 4 years and the slow website is still an issue. It always has been, it's well known. Since there is no call centre, it is ultra important to have a robust site. To lessen problems and improve the customer experience. After all, the site itself is the front end and main portal (aside from the community here for issues) to the service itself.

Improve the site or as an aside another suggestion would be to add a digital assistant like Koodo has. Then at least those with issues have someone to contact. Not a full call centre but at least it's something, especially when issues become difficult to identify or troubleshoot via message.

Lastly we on the RFD forum have identified one issue with the website in particular. When a customer is activating, at the top of the page there will be the country and province site default selections. If you set the province first then you select the country the province field will default back to AB. We have had some on RFD with failed activations due to this (as reported, not sure if true in every case). The site defaults back to AB so this is easy to overlook when activating. Not setting the site defaults at all can also be overlooked. Needs to be fixed, this is one specific problem that has been identified. Automating this process so that the country and province fields self populate automatically or whatever is most user friendly and feasible is suggested. Just throwing ideas. Hope this helps. Tested the website and it sure can be slow and have seen it take 5-10 minutes to load or timeout myself. New to your service for less than a week but have followed the PM progress and threads the past two years. Know the site itself has been a major complaint. It always has been and will hold some customer back. With no call centre, website should be the best it can be. The competition has a call centre, PM has rewards/perks. Everyone likes the perks but timely support is important also. Website should be as quick and efficient as possible to lessen the need for support in the first place. Understand there is a 48 hour wait time to speak to a mod. Everyone is doing their best but that would be frustrating for those customers, obviously. Hopefully some of this helps.

Regards

Serge

2 REPLIES 2

htauthority
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good, glad you were able to activate.

Newbie here and not sure what counts as participation or not. The post above I would think is not your typical general post or question. Just giving some feedback and did not know exactly where I should post it.

If the suggestions improves the customer experience in the end and makes life easier for the mods/customers then it's worth it. When customers access the site for whatever reason it should just work, busy site or not. I failed to mention that my family and friends are hesitant to signup.The site should be more reliable. Lack of support (they don't consider talking to someone on a forum as support and I didn't say anything about the long wait times either) is the other reason. Family has a decent plan, they have a reliable service and can call, not that they ever do but it's peace of mind. They are staying with their carriers. So not much for perks or referrals for this guy, for now.

No complaints on the service itself, once set-up and if you leave things as is everything is good.

Oppk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When activating my card yesterday I've noticed a bug on the payment page. If you first select province (ON in my case) and then select Canada then the province field will set back to AB. I think I got an activation error because of this issue. On the second attempt I noticed it and corrected it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.