cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web on usage bill

Kmwkmc49
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Web is being billed on a daily basis and affecting my 50 minute phone usage.  Any way of stopping this?  This phone is only being used to phone and not to access web. Will turning on internet in house stop the web charges. 

Also I signed up for autopay with was to reduce my monthly charges by $2 but the automatic withdrawal from the cc did not include this...please explain why.

Thanks. Karen

9 REPLIES 9

True SMS messages do not use data to send or receive.  MMS messages use the data, and that data is not charge by Public Mobile.

iMessage green bubble chats are true SMS.  Blue bubble chats are MMS messages.

halroach902

Data charges do not apply to receive or send SMS / pic msg. However one must have data turned on in order to access this feature. You can limit most apps to not use data in settings/apps/pick app/data usage.

@Kmwkmc49

The $10 Limited Talk/Text Plan does not include any Data, so I assume you've purchased a Data Add-On?

Failed AutoPay is a known bug which seems to randomly affect a few customers every month; their Plan does not automatically renew and their AutoPay reward isn't applied.

If your Plan did automatically renew then your AutoPay Reward was (probably) properly applied ... although you may have misunderstood the Plan price if you selected one of the promos with (confusing, even misleading) wording about AutoPay, many promo customers apparently neglect to read the small print.

If your Plan did not automatically renew (and your AutoPay Reward wasn't applied) then you should message the mods to have it corrected (and adjusted), especially if it's a recurring issue.

Discrepancies between Talk minutes, Text counts, and Data usage are common.  The billing measures these things from what the network-side hardware knows it has sent/received, not from what the device-side software reports.  Billing on voice calls is often rounded up to the next full minute (so 1 minute and 1 second counts as 2 minutes, etc), this evil practice has actually resulted in Telus/Bell facing repeated class action lawsuits over past years, yet (outside Quebec) it still prevails.  I imagine something similar could occur with Data usage, all those loose bits being rounded up to the next (KiB) increment, although it's basically impossible to confirm because wireless data always has extra overheads (for data headers, error correction, re-transmitted packets, etc) which cannot be directly measured by the customer (or his stopwatch, or his software).  Text/SMS is more straightforward, although "long SMS" messages are in fact multiple SMS segments spliced together so they can count as multiple Text messages.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you counting incoming and outgoing minutes as well as minutes used to check voicemail? 

Kmwkmc49

Why does minutes used of 27.28 minutes ...I added them up not match...public is saying that I have used 40 minutes and only 10 minutes are available on my 50 minutes per month plan...numbers don’t compute

meocon

@halroach902 I don’t think turn off data is a good way as if @Kmwkmc49 has text feature he/she cannot use picture messages MMS. PM never charged for that. That data just use for messages

meocon

@Kmwkmc49 As I know PM never charged anything extra unless you purchase add-ons you cannot use data without paying for it first. $2 should be credit to your account but if it’s not like you said I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

closng

@Kmwkmc49 wrote:

Web is being billed on a daily basis and affecting my 50 minute phone usage.  Any way of stopping this?  This phone is only being used to phone and not to access web. Will turning on internet in house stop the web charges. 

Also I signed up for autopay with was to reduce my monthly charges by $2 but the automatic withdrawal from the cc did not include this...please explain why.

Thanks. Karen

Hi Karen,

What do you mean by the web usage is affecting your 50 minute phone usage? Please note that Public Mobile will not bill you anything extra for any data charges incurred if there is no data included on your plan.

In terms of the autopay $2 off discount, you should see a credit of $2 that will be applied to your next month's bill, for a total of $4 off on your second month (1st month credit + 2nd month credit).

Hope that clarifies your confusion.

Need Help? Let's chat.