cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

view usage history

The  view my useage/view usage history  view on the public mobile webite does not appear to show am or pm on the time stamp. As an example what I see is:

26/08/2019 12:29Web     0 MBMB$0.00

What I would like to know is whether 12:29 is in the afternoon or the morning. Is it am or pm?

I haven't seen a preference that I can change to have it show as a 24 hour clock or to have the am or pm shown with the existing time stamp.

Is there a solution for me that allows me to see time with am or pm added or display time in 24 hour format?

Mayor / Maire

Re: view usage history

@deb6 

Well you're digging up all the dirt. That's another known oversight. I wouldn't necessarily call it a bug. Just dumb. I guess you just have to examine the day of the record. It's all in chronological order anyway. So if you see an item at 9:43 earlier in the list and then later in the list you see an item for 9:43 of the same day then that must be pm. But if you only have a few records in a day then it would be harder to figure.

Alas.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I appreciate you responding with this as a known oversight.

My vote would be to call a spade a spade and call this a bug.  Not showing am or pm is nearly the equivalent of not showing the day in a timestamp. For those of us that don't have the equivalent of a regular heartbeat entry  to help infer whether a particular entry is in the morning or afternoon, we are just guessing what the logged time means.

About the digging up all the dirt comment - is there a list of known issues/oversight that can be viewed by the PM community? Accompanying that list, is there any PM comminity viewable history showing at least some of these issues/oversights getting fixed? 

Mayor / Maire

@deb6 wrote:

I appreciate you responding with this as a known oversight.

My vote would be to call a spade a spade and call this a bug.  Not showing am or pm is nearly the equivalent of not showing the day in a timestamp. For those of us that don't have the equivalent of a regular heartbeat entry  to help infer whether a particular entry is in the morning or afternoon, we are just guessing what the logged time means.

About the digging up all the dirt comment - is there a list of known issues/oversight that can be viewed by the PM community? Accompanying that list, is there any PM comminity viewable history showing at least some of these issues/oversights getting fixed? 

Oracle @Luddite has a whole lovely chart of a bunch of known issues somewhere that I can't quickly put a finger on. He's active right now so I'm posting this.

Oracle

@z10user4 Let me know if you are unable to see this post; have had some problems with the list.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Bugs-and-Quirks-at-Public-Mobile/m-p/2026...

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Oracle

@Luddite wrote:

@z10user4 Let me know if you are unable to see this post; have had some problems with the list.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Bugs-and-Quirks-at-Public-Mobile/m-p/2026...

Your link is not working.  It is probably not too flattering also.  I wonder if there is a connection here.

Oracle

@z10user4 @will13am 

BUG/QUIRK

SOLUTION: Info on private messaging click this: private messaging 

Credit card not accepted

Do not include a # of apartment or condo, nor street directions such as SW, since the system does not accept them. When updating a card, delete it first, then re-enter as new. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Problems-with-credit-card-sys...

Account message: “Suspended” ANDphone is working

Ignore these messages.

Phone stops working even though payment was made

Send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation.

Data add-on being used before base plan data

Send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation.

During online activation: invalid SIM error OR

no drop-down menu to select phone number

a) If on second attempt send a private message to the moderator team with your SIM card number and an explanation.

b) If on 1st attempt try Chrome Incognito, or Safari Private Window, mode.

What is my payment date?

Early in the morning the day after expiry. The payment date shows when you click My Rewards in your account.

Can’t call within my province

Add +1 to the number but if that fails send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. 

Early (pre 5) iPhone won’t update APN

Early iPhone APN settings cannot be updated manually. You will need to connect to wifi, access http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/ with Safari, then follow the directions there.

Can’t login into my account and account reset email failed

Fixed as of Sept/18 but if unsuccessful send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number,  account PIN, and an explanation. Be alert for their response as account resets are time sensitive.

Renew my current plan early

Add a payment so that Available Funds equal your plan cost then send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and the request. This assumes you have checked that a different plan is not better for you.

Credit card error when opening several accounts

PM prevents using the same card more than twice in the same day. Wait a few days, or use a different card. You can change it later.

Moving from Koodo/Telus prepaid or PC Mobile postpaid

Do not use the same email address for Public Mobile.

US Roaming Add-ons

All work with a data only base plan.

MMS APN

Set APN type to “default,mms,supl”

Activating Add-ons

First make a payment so that Available Funds equal the add-on cost then go back to main account page and buy the add-on. Activation REQUIRES these two stages. See this post for better detail: How To Add Add-on

Only 1 phone line per account

Yes, only 1 SIM per account but a way to simplify things here: workaround

Error when trying to port-in

Click the "I am authorized box ..." box at the bottom first then enter the number

Renewing US Roaming add-ons

These can only be renewed the day AFTER they expire even if completely used prior to that date.

Texting fails in Canada after US roaming text add-on expires

This normally clears up within 48 hours but if it doesn’t, or you’d rather not wait, send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation.

Change plan when account is suspended

Add sufficient funds for new plan to your account, then click Change Plan and activate immediately.
Where to buy vouchersFor vouchers check these stores:
Esso; Shopper's Drug Market; Canadian Tire Gas Bar; Shell; Hasty Market; Ultramar; Uniprix; Walmart; K; Mobile; WOW Mobile (will activate SIM too); Jean Coutu; Pharmaprix; London Drugs; PC Mobile
2 deactivation messages for my account, one 90 days and the other 30 days?90 days is correct
Voicemail switched to French when I want English (or vice versa)

Call into your voice message then press 4

Wait and Press 4 again

Wait and Press 5

Then select 1 for English menus

Transfer number to a different PM account

Send a private message to the moderator team with the account numbers and an explanation. You will lose one of the numbers. NO LONGER ALLOWED

Plan won't reactivate even though payment made

If Available Funds at least equal the plan cost, click Change Plan and "buy" your plan with immediate activation. Logout and reboot your phone. ONLY WORKS for current plans not grandfathered ones which require messaging the moderators.

Phone stops working even though payment was made. Account may show $0 owing.

a) Manually load $1 into your account (or a few dollars) and/or

b) Turn on Lost/Stolen SIM to suspend service, logout, reactivate, reboot phone.

These sometimes trigger the an account reset and have been tried by a several people who confirmed that their account re-activated. If that fails you must contact the moderators.

Can the email address from the deactivated account be used for a new account?

NO

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Awesome thank you. I have a good memory but it's great to have a cheat sheet.