cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock sim

amurray
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

anybody know the puk code for unlocking public mobile sim ?

26 REPLIES 26

@flounder wrote:

What I meant was at the beginning when I activated the acount and put in sim the first time. It asks you for a code. Was the the code we created or we still need a code from PM?

This was most likely your phone telling you that your device is locked to another carrier.  If the phone was asking for "sim network unlock pin" or "sim network unlock puk", Public Mobile cannot provide these.

@amurray wrote:

i have already recieved the unlock code and i put that in and says network unlock request unsuccessfull

You do not use the master unlock code (sim network unlock puk) to make it so that you can use other carriers' sim cards in a device.  This code is to re-enable to ability to network unlock the device.

After the master unlock code is used, you will still need the regular unlock code (sim network unlock pin).  Only after sucessfully getting through this step will you be able to use this phone at Public Mobile.

flounder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@geopublic wrote:

@flounder  If I understand the question the PIN number you created during your activation

of the Public Mobile sim has nothing to do with the unlock code. That PIN is used for account access and making payments via 611.

The unlock code that your phone is asking is because your phone was locked to the previous provider (Freedom). If the code that Samsung gave you did not work then you need to ask Samsung to supply you with the Master unlock code for your device. That should solve the problem.

Ahh I understand now, thank you. I think that's is what they gave me? Master = NUC code?

My phone was bought outright at the Samsung store, so I didn't think I would have any Locking problems...

@flounder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is a locked phone and Samsung should be able to provide the code. Freedom *really* should have.

When it asks for an unlock code you put in the unlock code...not anything from PM.

Well, they tried. Gave me a code, but it did not work. Says it shows the sim is locked to PM.  Hoping they get to me soon...Thanks for the help

What I meant was at the beginning when I activated the acount and put in sim the first time. It asks you for a code. Was the the code we created or we still need a code from PM?

@flounder  If I understand the question the PIN number you created during your activation

of the Public Mobile sim has nothing to do with the unlock code. That PIN is used for account access and making payments via 611.

The unlock code that your phone is asking is because your phone was locked to the previous provider (Freedom). If the code that Samsung gave you did not work then you need to ask Samsung to supply you with the Master unlock code for your device. That should solve the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@flounder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is a locked phone and Samsung should be able to provide the code. Freedom *really* should have.

When it asks for an unlock code you put in the unlock code...not anything from PM.

Well, they tried. Gave me a code, but it did not work. Says it shows the sim is locked to PM.  Hoping they get to me soon...Thanks for the help

Upon insertion and the phone asking for a code that is supposed to be the unlock code. I suppose it's possible that the phone has now locked to PM but then it should just work anyway. There's a remote possibility that you could enter 1234 or 0000. But don't do these things too much or you might "burn" the SIM.

afaik 🙂

flounder

@Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@flounder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have a Samsung phone? Was it Samsung you were "chatting" with? If the phone is locked to Freedom then they must provide you an unlock code.

What exact message is your phone telling you?

I have a Samsung S7 and I was with Saumsung live chat. I checked with Freedom and they said Public needs to help me with PUK code. My Freedom SIM don't even work anymore....So I'm pretty sure its not their issue?

I'm trying again with Chat right now.At first, they said they can help. Then, without knowing any of my personal info, they said I am referring to carrier unlock? I asked what that meant, and that is when they asked for IMEI and model, and now looking more into it.

Message says "Network locked sim card inserted".  When I first put in the sim , and asks me for code, was that suppose to be the code I created when I made Publics account?

flounder

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have a Samsung phone? Was it Samsung you were "chatting" with? If the phone is locked to Freedom then they must provide you an unlock code.

I have a Samsung S7 and I was with Saumsung live chat. I checked with Freedom and they said Public needs to help me with PUK code. My Freedom SIM don't even work anymore....So I'm pretty sure its not their issue?

I'm trying again with Chat right now.At first, they said they can help. Then, without knowing any of my personal info, they said I am referring to carrier unlock? I asked what that meant, and that is when they asked for IMEI and model, and now looking more into it.

Message says "Network locked sim card inserted".  When I first put in the sim , and asks me for code, was that suppose to be the code I created when I made Publics account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amurray wrote:

yes i do have a samsung and i was chatting with samsung mobile live chat the only thing they asked of me is my imei number

I understand you're all set. Username flounder posted in "your" thread. I replied to him.

amurray

yes i do have a samsung and i was chatting with samsung mobile live chat the only thing they asked of me is my imei number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@flounder wrote:

How? I am in the same situation, I was just with the online chat, and they said to contact the previous carrier.....

I already did, and Freedom said Public will help me. I already sent Mod a message here but not heard back yet.

flounder

How? I am in the same situation, I was just with the online chat, and they said to contact the previous carrier.....

I already did, and Freedom said Public will help me. I already sent Mod a message here but not heard back yet.

@amurray wrote:

I have the unlock code from the previous provider and when i put that unlock code in says network unlock request unsuccessfull so i called my old company and they said that i need a puk code from public 

Follow this instruction to unlock your Samsung Galazxy network:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-smartphone-how-to-enter-an-unlock-code/

amurray

i contacted samsung and it worked thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amurray wrote:

previous provider

Try Samsung.

amurray

previous provider

amurray

I have the unlock code from the previous provider and when i put that unlock code in says network unlock request unsuccessfull so i called my old company and they said that i need a puk code from public 

@amurray wrote:

the exact message is sim network pin blocked enter sim network puk

If your phone purchased from previously carrier, then you can ask code for free, otherwise you need contact Samsung.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amurray wrote:

i have already recieved the unlock code and i put that in and says network unlock request unsuccessfull

Did you get it from the previous provider or Samsung?

amurray

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amurray wrote:

Right. That's saying it's still locked to the previous provider. If it's a Canadian phone from a Canadian provider then they'll give that to you. Or Samsung.

amurray

Samsung is giving unlock codes for free :

1. Start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170
  2. Inform the rep that you would like to unlock your phone and provide the IMEI & Carrier info
  3. In a few (2+) days, you will get the unlock code via email.  

amurray

both i am trying to switch to this provider and i have a samsung

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amurray wrote:

anybody know the puk code for unlocking public mobile sim ?

What's the exact message your phone is telling you? It might be that the phone is still locked to the previous provider. And if it's a Samsung phone then their chat might get you the unlock code.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM usually does not lock phones.  Did you switch from another provider or do you have a Samsung phone  ?

Need Help? Let's chat.