cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to call or receive call

mac1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I  got new sim card activated and also able to use the data but I am not able to make or rececive calls. Can you please help me

5 REPLIES 5

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

One more thing, you are not on 1g data only plan, right?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@mac1234 wrote:

Hi I  got new sim card activated and also able to use the data but I am not able to make or rececive calls. Can you please help me

Can you text? If yes, phone might only have LTE.  You need 3g for phone calls. Try setting that in phone settings.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mac1234 wrote:

@mac1234  Are you porting your number from another provider? If yes, that might be why you can't receive.

1. Did you check to make sure your device supports 3G B2 and B5?
  2.  Restart your phone and test dialing out.
  3. If did not port your number and you did make sure your phone is compatible and you did restart your phone and it's still an issue then submit a ticket for further help.

Submit a Ticket

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Can you hold down your "1" on the dialpad and call your voicemail? Can you dial 611?

If not, your going to need a Moderators help, I think.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get to here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What phone are you using?

Did you restart the phone with sim in it?

Can you borrow another phone to test your card, make sure they the phone can go on Telus/Koodo network?

For talk and text to work properly for public mobile phone must support umts 850 and 1900 frequencies.

If your phone is ok you will have to contact Moderators for help er through Simon by clicking on the question mark

Need Help? Let's chat.