cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two people on the same number...

maximilliennn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So i just changed my number and now i get someone elses texts and he gets my texts that people are sending me.

I cant change numbers as per the 1 number change. So am i expected to share numbers with someone?

7 REPLIES 7

@maximilliennn wrote:

basically sharing our number atm

except that you're really not...

When you mentioned that the other person is getting texts for you, realize that all phone calls are going to the other person.  Sorry, but it is the other person's phone number.  I realize none of this is your fault and that's an inexcusable problem on the Public Mobile end.  Think of it this way:  only outgoing communications are working fo you, and in a way, and in a way and calls you make and messages you send are "imersonating" the person who the number belongs to.  I agree that this is a mess and hope that Public Mobile can fix this for you quickly.

@maximilliennn wrote:

So i just changed my number and now i get someone elses texts and he gets my texts that people are sending me.

I cant change numbers as per the 1 number change. So am i expected to share numbers with someone?

No, but you will definitely need to change the phone number.  Send a message out to Moderator_Team to have them perform the change.

This is a silly problem that Public Mobile (and other Telus brands from my experience - Telus try to give my phone number to a new customer beforee) has where they mistaken assign phone numbers that are already in use).

Unfortunatley, you will be the one to lose this phone number and need to get a new one because the other person had the number first.

maximilliennn

I did reset. And yeah. I used to work for retention at fido it happens with ports. I had a few number changes too. His number is Probably being bought up as a batch of providers even though its active haha.

Like @JDT mentioned, send a message to the moderators, just in case this issue doesn't resolve itself. To save time, provide your name, phone number and the PIN you set up when you first became a customer. This allows the moderators to authenticate your identity. If you don't remember your PIN, providing your account number also works. You can find this number if you log into My Account.

Yeah, hopefully no innappropriate private messages get sent to the wrong phone! lol  I've heard of this issue with porting, and it usually resolves in 24 hours. As for choosing a new number, I thought numbers needed to be inactive for 6 months before they could go back out into the number pool... guess not!

Did you happen to try restarting your phone?!  Silly question, I know, but sometimes a hard reset it what it takes to fix issues like this.

maximilliennn

I picked a new number in self serve. I just spoke with the guy hes with videotron and its the second time this happens lol. Were basically sharing our number atm

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

When you say you 'just changed my number,' are you talking about porting the number in, or that you decided to choose a new number?

There are others here better qualified to answer your question, but sometimes there's a bit of a transition period, at least with porting numbers there is. So, if you just changed the number, maybe give it a few hours?! Robot Frustrated

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like something wrong with the system when the number was changed.

Send a private message to the Moderator Team so they can look into it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.