cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

trying to port a number from bell

i followed the steps to port my bell number today from the self serve on my pc. i then recieved a message on my phone to complete the request i need to go to publicmobile.ca click contact us and complete the "sim and activation online form" am i blind?. i'm assuming they mean activate a sim card?? i dont know. seems like i cant find the option unless they want me to register again which doesnt make sense. i dont want to be double billed. i sent this same message to a mod but i dont know if the community is the first place to go. maybe somone here has delt with this same problem and its an easy fix?  not sure what to do next

Re: trying to port a number from bell


@bassmaster wrote:

i followed the steps to port my bell number today from the self serve on my pc. i then recieved a message on my phone to complete the request i need to go to publicmobile.ca click contact us and complete the "sim and activation online form" am i blind?. i'm assuming they mean activate a sim card?? i dont know. seems like i cant find the option unless they want me to register again which doesnt make sense. i dont want to be double billed. i sent this same message to a mod but i dont know if the community is the first place to go. maybe somone here has delt with this same problem and its an easy fix?  not sure what to do next


That form doesn't exist.  The text message is giving your incorrect instructions.  Receiving that text message means that the porting request failed.  Make sure that you have your Bell account number so you can give it to Public Mobile. You'll need to contact Moderator_Team, which can be done through this website link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Is that where you sent your message to?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: trying to port a number from bell


@bassmaster wrote:

i followed the steps to port my bell number today from the self serve on my pc. i then recieved a message on my phone to complete the request i need to go to publicmobile.ca click contact us and complete the "sim and activation online form" am i blind?. i'm assuming they mean activate a sim card?? i dont know. seems like i cant find the option unless they want me to register again which doesnt make sense. i dont want to be double billed. i sent this same message to a mod but i dont know if the community is the first place to go. maybe somone here has delt with this same problem and its an easy fix?  not sure what to do next


Did set up your self service account? If you did, then log in your account, and if account status is activated, then you are good to go.

Welcome to PM!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: trying to port a number from bell

yes thats the mod id that i sent the message to. still waiting for a reply. old number is working but telus number is not working. so i know it did somthing. makes me wish i just kept the telus number..... no hassle

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: trying to port a number from bell

i ported the number using the self serve account. account is active. but the good is not going. its gone at the moment

Re: trying to port a number from bell


@bassmaster wrote:

yes thats the mod id that i sent the message to. still waiting for a reply. old number is working but telus number is not working. so i know it did somthing. makes me wish i just kept the telus number..... no hassle


The number being ported in from Bell immediately replaced the number Public Mobile issuued you as soon as you submitted the request.  This is by design.

 

To make sure that you don't miss phone calls, you should continue using your Bell servcie because that is where your incoming phone calls will go to untilt he process has completed.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: trying to port a number from bell

this is my first time using public mobile. how long do the mods usually take to resolve things like this?

AGM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: trying to port a number from bell

I went thru a frustrating experience with London Drugs reps porting my number from Bell, ending up with a new number I did not want. To make an extremely long story short, it took a Bell rep for me to find out  how to port my own  number  to Public Mobile. The whole trick is to ensure, whether done online or at a retail outlet eg london Drugs,is that in the application for service your account number from Bell is put in, then your number can instantly be ported. If you get a message that your own  number at Bell is unavaila ble, then that means that somewhere PM does not have your prior account  number from Bell.

Re: trying to port a number from bell


@bassmaster wrote:

this is my first time using public mobile. how long do the mods usually take to resolve things like this?


On weekdays, moderator hours are from 8am until midnight (eastern time).  The fix itself is usually pretty quick, but it's the response time that varies.  The moderator could get back to customer in a few minutes, or it could be a few days.  They seem to aim for less than 48 hours.

1vk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: trying to port a number from bell

To port old phone number it is very important to have previous service still working you need 6 digit code from them to complete your registration.

Tags (1)