cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with setting up second phone on account

warnandjenny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm setting up mine and my wife's phone - public mobile allowed me to set both up on the same email address and even sent the 2nd phone a welcome message but in the end the activation process failed and the SIM card will not work.

Not sure what to do - I tried to log back in but it wont let me and when i tried to set up the SIM card with a different email address it does not work either.

Thanks in advance for you help!

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I was told one email address one account.

The only way to "fool" the system is that if you are using Gmail.  Gmail allows email like  myemailaddress@gmail.com to have alias like my.emailaddress@gmail.com or myemail.address@gmail.com .  So, you can use this variation to open an account with Public.  All the email will still send to the same Gmail mailbox.

However, when you actually setup an logon on Publicmobile.ca, you still have to use the variation you picked, like my.emailaddress@gmail.com, to create the login.  Ie, on Publicmobile.ca, you still have 2 different logons.. just that all the email notification will arrive on the same Gmail inbox

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@warnandjenny , actually the system might have a glitch in allowing activation with the exact same email for multiple accounts.  You definitely need unique email addresses.  Most people use email aliases which the system recognizes as unique.  You will need to contact the moderator team to sort this issue out.  Click on the chat symbol on the lower right and initiate a ticket.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@warnandjenny wrote:

Hi, I'm setting up mine and my wife's phone - public mobile allowed me to set both up on the same email address and even sent the 2nd phone a welcome message but in the end the activation process failed and the SIM card will not work.

Not sure what to do - I tried to log back in but it wont let me and when i tried to set up the SIM card with a different email address it does not work either.

Thanks in advance for you help!

@warnandjenny  Very odd that the system allowed you to set up a second account on the same email. I think you will need to talk to a moderator for some help.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Open a ticket through the automated ticketing system (SIMON) at the following link;

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.