transfer phone number

mark348
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do I keep the same phone number I had with my other provider

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Danaldigout wrote:

These steps have already been taken. The number still is not released. Do I need to contact my former provider again to release the number? Even better, could someone from public mobile take care of that for me? Thanks.

Are you porting a landline or mobile number?

Porting a landline number will take up to 1 week and mobile number up to 2 days.

Who is your provider?

Some small provdier takes a bit longer.

PM support is done through moderator team.  Use the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page to create a moderator support ticket.  Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

Danaldigout
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is info about porting. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

You would need to keep your account with your other provider active for the transfer.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mark348 wrote:

how do I keep the same phone number I had with my other provider

Login to your self-self account and select [Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Transfer a wireless or wireline number ]

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.