cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer a landline

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hello I would like to know how to transfer a landline from bell and what to expect  I realize that the self serve option is not working so what is the best way now. I would like to add that I already have a number here I just want to switch to my landline number and close that account  thanks shepp

8 REPLIES 8

shep22

@geopublic @Carniam @gblackma @dabr  Thankyou all for your response😊

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shep22 Please make sure not to cancel you landline number before the port is completed.

@shep22  You will be able to call out and send texts using your PM sim. Your data will also work without issues. Incoming calls will still go to the landline provider until they release the number to PM.

shep22

@geopublic wrote:

@shep22 wrote:

hello I would like to know how to transfer a landline from bell and what to expect  I realize that the self serve option is not working so what is the best way now.  thanks shepp

@shep22 

Landline Phone Number Transfer

Alternate Phone Number

Complete billing address

First and Last Name of the account holder

Alternate phone number

To complete your port-in request, please open click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. Include the above info.

Note Landline ports can take up to 5 business days to complete.

@geopublic hi what happens in the meantime will I still have some kind of service?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shep22 wrote:

hello I would like to know how to transfer a landline from bell and what to expect  I realize that the self serve option is not working so what is the best way now.  thanks shepp

@shep22 

Landline Phone Number Transfer

Alternate Phone Number

Complete billing address

First and Last Name of the account holder

Alternate phone number

To complete your port-in request, please open click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. Include the above info.

Note Landline ports can take up to 5 business days to complete.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@shep22  are you replacing your current number or is this a new activation? Thanks. 

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I couldn’t see this being any different then porting a cell phone number. Connect with a moderator to confirm. You can request a ticket through SIMon by clicking the question mark below

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@shep22 wrote:

@shep22   I do know that porting a landline number can take anywhere from 3 to 7 days so keep your Bell account active until moderators are able to complete your porting.

Do you have your PM SIM to start your activation? 

Edit:  You can also take a temporary PM number for now and then wait for moderators to complete your port.

Need Help? Let's chat.