cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracking minutes

kvp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • I got a text from PM saying I have 10 min left on my plan, but when I log in to my account it says I have used only 31 of my 100 minutes, which one do I trust?
21 REPLIES 21

@Anonymous 

Nope, haven't blocked (or unsubscribed) 611, 100, or any of the 51xx numbers. And I'm fairly certain I would've noticed and remembered one, plus I'm not in the habit of deleting old texts (they just pile up on my phone forever) unless they contain password/PIN details I prefer to keep private.

I was just surprised to see that PM sends these notifications. Since I've never seen one.

I'm not surprised that they've been doing it "for years now" ... wouldn't be the first time some quirky bug in the system affects customers in different ways.

I guess I'll have to test again at the end of my current cycle (almost three weeks from now). I have many minutes add-ons so I'm not sure how that might affect things. My other account (sort of for work, sort of shared with household) and all my referrals are Unlimited Talk plans.

@Jb456 wrote:

@Korth  I got one in October.  Not sure how it works as I have 800 international minutes sitting in add-ons. It was Infact valid for my regular plan minutes as I was indeed at the 10 minute mark.

It came from 611. No idea how long this notification feature has been around.

Screenshot_20201106_001000.jpg

Public Mobile has been notifiying customers of a low a amount of minutes remaining for years now.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Korth  I got one in October.  Not sure how it works as I have 800 international minutes sitting in add-ons. It was Infact valid for my regular plan minutes as I was indeed at the 10 minute mark.

It came from 611. No idea how long this notification feature has been around.

Screenshot_20201106_001000.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

I've never received any sort of minutes notification.

I even tested it on the last day of my first cycle with a Limited plan. No notifications at all, call interrupted and no more calling allowed - as expected - when (more or less) exactly 100 minutes threshold was reached.

Is this notification a new feature?

I get it with the $10 plan. 10 minutes left or 10 texts left. I have plenty of other minutes on hand. The call just seamlessly starts consuming those minutes. But I get the notifications. Have since I got the $10 plan like 2 years ago.

Interesting that you don't get it with the $15 plan. Have you blocked texts from here? From 611?

I've never received any sort of minutes notification.

I even tested it on the last day of my first cycle with a Limited plan. No notifications at all, call interrupted and no more calling allowed - as expected - when (more or less) exactly 100 minutes threshold was reached.

Is this notification a new feature?

@AE_Collector 

Lol.....and we're still tracking in the mainstream!

AE_Collector is my Name and Old Tech is my Game!

(Old Tech Picture withheld to save Oracles work) 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

iirc AE_Collector retired from Telus.

But yes 611 is pretty limited. Now more so with no international add-on purchasing.

At least they added the PIN requirement for payment card top-up.

@Anonymous 

I've never really used 611. I've only called it a couple of times to confirm info being supplied on the community. But there's lots of non online users that rely on it? It's terrible! I would have thought old technology would have been utilized by pm to supply their service to that segment of their customers. You used to get everything from an automated call service from lottery numbers, the weather forecast to the updated score in the world series. Does pm need to hire @AE_Collector for a side job to get it sorted out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

Yup. And you can't even buy any international long distance add-ons in 611. They never did add the $5 one and now nothing when they added the new ones. They did change to the US-only one though.

@kvp 

When I checked I noticed that it only mentioned my data. So even though I'm out of plan minutes I have add on minutes. But I seem to recall it will tell you when you are out of plan minutes and have no add on minutes. Someone else would have to confirm that....it will tell you that if you try to make a call without minutes so now that I see what I've written its not only redundant......oh never mind me!

So I just called 611 again and noticed the shortcomings of the service. It gave me a rough estimate of my remaining add on data by rounding it to 0.5gb even though it's about 163mb. And it told me I have 400 minutes remaining on my international long distance but no mention of my Canada wide calling add ons. Not very accurate or helpful I must say.

Remember the $5/500min calling add on is a bargain. Just purchase one of those to dip into when you run out of plan minutes. It can stay on your account for 6 months, a year even longer......peace of mind for mere pennies!

kvp

I guess my pin right but they only give out your data usage and not your minutes used 😞

@kvp 

Sometimes people use their voicemail pin or account pin from their old provider if that rings a bell. It can be obtained from the moderators once you verify thru Simon or you supply at least three of the following pieces of info from your account:

You must know your email, phone number and full name and address on your account and...

1. Date of birth
  2. Alternate phone # if any.
  3. Last payment type, amount, date and last 4 digits.
  4. Plan amount and any add ons or promotional details.
  5. Frequently texted or called/recieved phone numbers.
  6. Autopay y/n?
  7. Security question and answer.
  8. Recent plan changes or purchases.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kvp  If you have Android phone try the following.

• Open message app
  • Click 3 dots on top right, middle or bottom
  • Go to settings
  • Go to advanced

Then click Sim Card Messages. Your pin might be there. 

The pin is 4 digits you picked when joining so maybe it's something you normally use. Hopefully it shows in sim card messages with the instructions I gave you above.

If not you have to contact moderator.

Simon.JPG

 or by private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kvp

I dont see a pin number in any of my text messages, I'll try and guess and see if that works 😛

@kvp 

Yes when you entered your email. Password, and security question and answer you also chose a 4 digit pin. They also get texted to you by pm from 611.

Edit: Check text messages in your phone for one from 611 with your pin code. That makes more sense than my last sentence. Lol.

kvp

where do I find that? is that something I would have set up when I started my account?

@kvp 

You can call 611 for your usage. You must know your pin#.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The information in your self serve account should be accurate.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

The overview that is in your account is the right one to trust.

It's happened in the past that sometimes a text is incorrectly sent. Sorry this has happened to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.