cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: tracking minutes

@kvp 

When I checked I noticed that it only mentioned my data. So even though I'm out of plan minutes I have add on minutes. But I seem to recall it will tell you when you are out of plan minutes and have no add on minutes. Someone else would have to confirm that....it will tell you that if you try to make a call without minutes so now that I see what I've written its not only redundant......oh never mind me!

So I just called 611 again and noticed the shortcomings of the service. It gave me a rough estimate of my remaining add on data by rounding it to 0.5gb even though it's about 163mb. And it told me I have 400 minutes remaining on my international long distance but no mention of my Canada wide calling add ons. Not very accurate or helpful I must say.

Remember the $5/500min calling add on is a bargain. Just purchase one of those to dip into when you run out of plan minutes. It can stay on your account for 6 months, a year even longer......peace of mind for mere pennies!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

Yup. And you can't even buy any international long distance add-ons in 611. They never did add the $5 one and now nothing when they added the new ones. They did change to the US-only one though.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

I've never really used 611. I've only called it a couple of times to confirm info being supplied on the community. But there's lots of non online users that rely on it? It's terrible! I would have thought old technology would have been utilized by pm to supply their service to that segment of their customers. You used to get everything from an automated call service from lottery numbers, the weather forecast to the updated score in the world series. Does pm need to hire @AE_Collector for a side job to get it sorted out?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

iirc AE_Collector retired from Telus.

But yes 611 is pretty limited. Now more so with no international add-on purchasing.

At least they added the PIN requirement for payment card top-up.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

AE_Collector is my Name and Old Tech is my Game!

(Old Tech Picture withheld to save Oracles work) 

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

Lol.....and we're still tracking in the mainstream!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I've never received any sort of minutes notification.

I even tested it on the last day of my first cycle with a Limited plan. No notifications at all, call interrupted and no more calling allowed - as expected - when (more or less) exactly 100 minutes threshold was reached.

Is this notification a new feature?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

I've never received any sort of minutes notification.

I even tested it on the last day of my first cycle with a Limited plan. No notifications at all, call interrupted and no more calling allowed - as expected - when (more or less) exactly 100 minutes threshold was reached.

Is this notification a new feature?

I get it with the $10 plan. 10 minutes left or 10 texts left. I have plenty of other minutes on hand. The call just seamlessly starts consuming those minutes. But I get the notifications. Have since I got the $10 plan like 2 years ago.

Interesting that you don't get it with the $15 plan. Have you blocked texts from here? From 611?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Korth  I got one in October.  Not sure how it works as I have 800 international minutes sitting in add-ons. It was Infact valid for my regular plan minutes as I was indeed at the 10 minute mark.

It came from 611. No idea how long this notification feature has been around.

Screenshot_20201106_001000.jpg

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jb456 wrote:

@Korth  I got one in October.  Not sure how it works as I have 800 international minutes sitting in add-ons. It was Infact valid for my regular plan minutes as I was indeed at the 10 minute mark.

It came from 611. No idea how long this notification feature has been around.

Screenshot_20201106_001000.jpg

Public Mobile has been notifiying customers of a low a amount of minutes remaining for years now.

Need Help? Let's chat.