cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texting

TheaJake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Texting only works through wifi. As soon as I go cellular...texting does not work.

9 REPLIES 9

cviv

Hello,

I was an Apple Product Master with Bell Mobility. iMessage glitches are common whenever you may do any updates. havent reset your phone in a while, or they glitch out just because. If it ever happens again, turn off iMessgae, do a hard rest on your phone (press the home button and power button together for a few seconds until the phone turns off) and then turn your phone back on, and turn iMessage back on. 

TheaJake

Thanks, I am familiar with Iphone settings.  We had this set up, but it still was not working.  After leaving the phone for 5 days, seems to work now? Not sure why.  Thanks for the input

TheaJake

Iphone 5s, Imessage, new number, new customer...we seemed to have things working again..not sure why

TheaJake

new customer, first month, unlimited international texting, iphone 5s. We could not send text with Imessage unless hooked to wifi.  The problem has seemed to reslove itself now...not sure if the 1 G to customers help reset things.  Thanks for your input

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@TheaJake wrote:

Texting only works through wifi. As soon as I go cellular...texting does not work.

Going through wifi isn't texting. SMS doesn't use internet.  Do you mean instant messaging like whatsapp?  Or are you using iMesaage?  Turn off iMessage if you have that and try.  Also, if you are using an instant messaging app, failure to send when using data could be an APN issue.

toxicfire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@TheaJake wrote:

@TheaJake  I would think your on an iphone and if you are do this!

Settings > Messages > iMessage on, Send as SMS on

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@TheaJake wrote:

@TheaJake  If you have an iPhone make sure SMS is enabled or disable iMessage and then try to send a text. If it works Thein the problem is with your phone settings.

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @TheaJake 

Welcome to Public Mobile community.

Do you have an iPhone or other smart phone? What app are you using? Have you recently requested your number to be ported to Public Mobile?

Barth

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@TheaJake wrote:

More info needed. How long has this been a problem. Has you texting plan run out ? What kinda phone ? Are you on the $10 plan with limited outbound texts ?

Need Help? Let's chat.