cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temporary service suspension

altrago
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to suspend the service for 3 months.

I have already disabled the automatic payment service.

I will turn on the automatic payment before the 90 days from now on.

I am wondering if there is a way to inform Public Mobile about this suspension demand and that I want to keep my phone number.

Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@markevee wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@markevee wrote:

The problem is there is $50 on the account and I want to be able to imediately suspend and renew service on a dime without spending to much

Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / click on Lost-Stolen and you can click Suspend. Your current account will suspend and no further funds will be taken for that account. BUT...after 90 days, that account will close down and you'll lose your number for ever. You'd have to get a new sim to start all over again.

SO...before that happens...say 85 days or so, you can Resume service again.

Alright, that seems to work good, just one question, when I renew my service will it charge me for the entire month again, continue with the number of days I had left in the month, or will my renewal date stay the same

It will take what it needs to renew your current plan from your Available Funds and then start the clock on that new day for a new 30 days. No partial months here.

I suppose you might need to click on the Reactivate button but it also might just restart on its own.

markevee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hairbag1 wrote:

@markevee wrote:

The problem is there is $50 on the account and I want to be able to imediately suspend and renew service on a dime without spending to much

Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / click on Lost-Stolen and you can click Suspend. Your current account will suspend and no further funds will be taken for that account. BUT...after 90 days, that account will close down and you'll lose your number for ever. You'd have to get a new sim to start all over again.

Alright, that seems to work good, just one question, when I renew my service will it charge me for the entire month again, continue with the number of days I had left in the month, or will my renewal date stay the same

@markevee wrote:

markevee

@surreyboz wrote:

@markevee wrote:

Hey is there anyways I can temperarly suspend service for grounded teens

You can do what @hairbag1 suggested and or you can also simply stop paying for the service. Just remember to pay within 90 days or else you will loose your number

This suggestion from @markevee will do the trick too, but it won't shut off until current plan expires.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@markevee wrote:

You can do what @hairbag1 suggested and or you can also simply stop paying for the service. Just remember to pay within 90 days or else you will loose your number

@markevee wrote:

You can SUSPEND your phone in the Lost/Stolen section of My Account. When you forgive them brats...you can RESUME service. Good luck.

markevee

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @Martin - AutoPay only works on the next payment due date. In this scenario, the OP will miss the payment due date. One time payment before 90 days from the initial payment due date will work to keep the account active.

Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Martin's answer is excellent but if there are problems with auto pay and your plan does not get renewed, you will have lost your account and number after the 90 days. To be safe enable auto pay but also make a credit card payment at the same time. Auto pay will only charge your credit card any amount that is needed to fulfill your plan costs but since you will have the amount in your account, there will be no charge and you be be safe from any interruptions should they occur.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

There is no need to notify PM of your intentions because, if you make payment on time, all is well. If you don't pay on time, then your account and SIM card are deactivated, and phone number lost forever, regardless of what you and customer service tell one another.

Ensure that auto-pay is enabled BEFORE the 90th day after the last day of your current billing cycle.

I hope that this answer has addressed your concerns.
Need Help? Let's chat.