cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switched today and nothing works

bert303030
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i switched today and nothing works, i put my old sim card in to see if my previous service works and it no longer does.  no incoming, no outgoing, no data, no service at all.

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bert303030 wrote:

contacted bell and got the correct code.  

thanks!!!!!

Great. How many digits was it? What do they call it as opposed to the other number you had?

bert303030

contacted bell and got the correct code.  

thanks!!!!!

@bert303030 

You might need to contact Bell directly again to confirm the unlock PIN code.  

You could also try the PM Sim card in another unlocked phone.  To determine whether hardware issue versus PM service issue.  Likely hardware set up issue.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bert303030 

Are you sure that's not supposed to be 16 digits? Are you sure you're getting the network unlock code and not just a Bell SIM code?

The number of digits might vary unfortunately.

bert303030

it does ask for an unlock code.  

this is from bell.ca

Retrieve your unlock key

If you get an error on your phone that says your SIM card is locked, you will need to enter an unlock key before you can start using your phone again.

Important note: Be careful when entering your unlock key. After 10 unsuccessful attempts, your SIM card will be locked permanently.

If you need a new SIM card, please visit a Bell store.

Your unlock key: xxxx1259

i replaced the first 4 numbers with xxxx as im not sure if somebody can do anything with that number or not. anyway, that number is not accepted by the pm sim card. am i missing anything?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bert303030 wrote:

im at 6 out of 10 so getting a little anxious about it.  

I can imagine. So this isn't a Public Mobile problem. See if you can talk to someone directly or an online chat to get an unlock code.

IF...you are being asked for a code when you insert the PM SIM.

bert303030

im at 6 out of 10 so getting a little anxious about it.  

@bert303030 wrote:

i can login to the bell site and it gives me the unlock key.  when i use that it tells me that the unlock was unsuccessful.

Did you put in the Public Mobile SIM card to bring up the request for unlock code?  Usually there is a limited number of attempts allowed to enter the unlock code.  Be careful not to fail too many times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bert303030 wrote:

i checked the compatibility before ordering the sim card.  it came up on the list.

And did you type in your IMEI to check for blacklist?

When you put in the SIM did the phone say anything about unlocking?

bert303030

i checked the compatibility before ordering the sim card.  it came up on the list.

bert303030

i can login to the bell site and it gives me the unlock key.  when i use that it tells me that the unlock was unsuccessful.

bert303030

when i login to the self service it tells me the account is active.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bert303030 wrote:

restarted several times.  no services at all.

The submodel H845 might not work here.

Is the phone unlocked?

Did you check this for compatibility and blacklist. The compatibility may not be complete so don't think if it's not there that it's not compatible.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bert303030 , LG phones typically require a network reset when switching carriers.  Are you able to login to the self serve account and confirm account status?  Since you mention the old service no longer works, I assume a number port was submitted.  This can take a few hours, possibly longer to complete.  BTW, is the phone unlocked?  If not, please contact the old service provider for the unlock code. 

bert303030

restarted several times.  no services at all.

bert303030

bell, lg g5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bert303030 wrote:

i switched today and nothing works, i put my old sim card in to see if my previous service works and it no longer does.  no incoming, no outgoing, no data, no service at all.

What exact make/model/submodel is the phone?

Have you restarted?

Which provider did you come from?

Need Help? Let's chat.