cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card swap

glen3125
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get message on self-serve site:

"Unfortunately, SIM card changes are currently unavailable through Self-serve."I

My cell phone no longer works -  just want to put  a new SIM card into my phone so that I can receive a message from Public Mobile regarding transferring to another carrier.

58 REPLIES 58

Yes, @Maria67 

Once you have the new SIM card, log into your self-serve account, go to your Profile, then "Edit Account info".

There you'll see the option to change the SIM card associated with your account.

Presumably you are doing this as your prior SIM card was lost, stolen, or became otherwise unusable.

Maria67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can u help me swap SIM card

Dman587_780

@Triguy  Thank you for that it was very educating. **bleep**ing **** **** are getting more clever or perhaps more ******** depending how ya look at it daily. Anyway thanks again for taking your time to help me out and answer a few questions I had 👍👌 💯 

@Dman587_780   Here is more info about sim card swap fraud.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

You will need to submit a ticket to a moderator.

Dman587_780

Lmfao I’m actually just about to have my new SIM card activate momentarily here. Surprised me how fast they were. It actually took ALOT longer than it should’ve cuz my silly bottom.... I kept waiting a lil too long to check if new messageS were received and twice now a moderator sent message back over 20 mins ago hahaha my bad but thanks boys and girls it was actually still pretty easy and harmless to get sim activated. 

@Dman587_780  of course response time varies.. but they have been responding ok..

no worry.. just open a ticket and tell us your experience.. 40 mins or 40 hours. .. lol

Dman587_780

Thanks I guess I’ll just wait for a reply back.  4 business hours I can totally manage. Read somewhere that somebody had been waiting over 48 hours and was like dammmm 

@Dman587_780 

If someone gains access to your account, that person coild previously do it. All that was need was a new SIM card.  I do realize that if someone already has access to the account, that person would have have most of the information that a moderator would ask for, but thinking is that person stealing accounts would move on to easier targets rather than spend time talking to Public Mobile's moderators.

Dman587_780

That’s interesting. Do you know how someone was able steal someone’s service so easily? Like what was needed before to do a SIM card swap? Wouldn’t they have needed old SIM card number? Plus username and password?

@Dman587_780 

keep this direct link handy to open ticket with mod if you need to swap sim

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/-H7DB-

Mod usually reply quick.  I understand it's trouble.  Used to be a minute action and now it takes 4 hours or so... but this is for the benefit of everyone.    If you got sim swapped by someone, it's not just you lost the phone service but your other systems might be compromised as well.  

Dman587_780

Oic thank you for the update. From what I’m reading this at least 2 days to get done now? Is that accurate? Does anyone know of anyone or has anyone themselves gotten it done faster? From the time of message getting sent to moderator?

@Dman587_780 

they removed it for Sim Swap Fraud.  

SIM Swap Fraud - Community (publicmobile.ca)

*March 8, 2021 Update*

To protect our customers from SIM swap fraud, we have temporarily disabled all online SIM swaps through Self-serve. To change your SIM card, please submit a ticket here

Customer safety and security is our priority, and we are working on permanently securing the online SIM swap process. In the meantime, we recommend that you continue following the steps outlined below to protect against fraudulent activities.

I agree with their decision.  Before they remove it , i  saw so many posts about they lost the phone service for no reason and then found out their sim being swapped.  

After they removed that, posts like that really died down a lot

@Dman587_780 

The SIM card swap ability was removed from self serve for security reasons and to slow down people from taking over someone's service in an unauthorized manner.

Dman587_780

I am honestly second guessing my decision of going with public. Before they removed this function I imagined myself being with public forever. This is so frustrating. I can’t think of a single reason why they would need or want to get rid of the change SIM card option...... arrrggghhhhhh I feel ya man

Dman587_780

I totally agree. Does anyone know why they removed the SIM card change function? Sometimes it’s necessary. It’s Ludacris! Since there is no true customer service it’s pretty important to be able to do this yourself. In my case the guy at the Koodo Service desk didn’t want to help me at all and suggested I take it home and do it myself!

@terrybev  maybe you have issue with opening ticket with Bot?  you can use private message to mod instead, but it might take a bit longer

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@terrybev : You bravo'd my earlier reply to you so presumably you read it. Were you not able to submit a ticket? So same issues as what?

@terrybev wrote:

I am having same issues

@terrybev  what exactly was the issue?  you would like to swap SIM?

use this direct link to open a ticket with Mod to swap SIM

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/-H7DB-

(fyi, since there had been some Simjack issue, people got swap SIM without their knowledge, PM took away the request on Self-Serve.  Now you need to open ticket to make this process more secure, at least Mod will be able to confirm people's identity before proceed with the swap)

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am having same issues

You need to contact a moderator to make the change.

Here is more info.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

Anonymous
Not applicable

@terrybev : You can thank the fraudsters for the hassle. That and this low-budget provider for not implementing something useful and only simply removing it.

The only way is to contact the moderators. Did you use those keywords in SIMon? "sim card swap"  It'll get you to the ticket screen quickly. Then take note of the log ins. One is this community and the other is the self-serve.

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you get your issue fixed? WHY would they change this function. I am so frustrated, it used to be so easy to change your sim card, now I can't figure it out. They just keep telling you to talk to the bot, go to this site, nothing seems to be working....ARGHHH

@rbabap wrote:

how do i get hold of moderator team to do sim card swap? i keep getting private chat when i try to link to it

Please go to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and type "SIM card swap".

rbabap

how do i get hold of moderator team to do sim card swap? i keep getting private chat when i try to link to it

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonygo11 : SIM'S are available at many retailers and a few online.

Then you'll need to contact the moderators  to change to it in your account.

tonygo11

Lost my sim and would like a replacement 

@Damientab12 wrote:

I dropped mine down a sewer. Still waiting for someone to help me. Its been 2 days without a phone.

I'm assuming when you went through SIMon to open the ticket. That just shouldn't happen. When someone ask for a SIM swap, that means that the customer needs that done to be able to use the service. This should automatically be rated at the highest priority for the support deaprtment to repond to.

Damientab12

I dropped mine down a sewer. Still waiting for someone to help me. Its been 2 days without a phone.

Yup, you'll need a new SIM then.

You'll need a moderator to change the SIM card number associated with your account such that the new SIM will function in the new phone.

Oh, and I hope the wish from the well was that you could get a new phone.   🤣

Gregleblanc

Dropped my old phone down a 12 foot well , have to use a new phone just got a new sim card

Need Help? Let's chat.