cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up voice mail message

Saddal82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello all, i would like to know how do we set up a voice mail?

It does give me an option to record the voice mail, but i do not want a recorded voicemail. 

I want it to say "you have reached the voice mail number (647-999-9999)" as an example. How do i make it say my voice mail number instead of my recorded voice.

Please and thank you!!

18 REPLIES 18

75ksook
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

mcc-x

There is a way to delete your recorded name so that the standard name (your phone number read out by the system) will be applied instead of your own recorded name. The option is buried deep in layers of menus.

Once in your voice mail:

Press 4, Access Personal Options
Press 4, Modify Personal Preferences
Press 3, Access Recorded Name
Press 3, Delete Your Name

danf003

Thanks for the reminder, been a while since I owned a cell phone 

stormc

No problem thanks for your help thinking i'll do what you said.

giaboni

Meant to say personalized greeting in my last response. I'm using speech to text so bear so bear with me lol

giaboni

Maybe someone has a better response for you but in the meantime couldn't you put a personalized greeting until this issue is resolved. From what I'm gathering you're saying that the system greeting is not there. I would put a personalized reading at least you get your voicemail to work for now.

stormc

i went through the options it says want to play a system greeting i choose yes and nothing is there, so it goes around and around I'm definetly missing something

giaboni

I suggest you call your own phone number using your cell phone. What I usually do is then press the * key and you get options like to record a message press 2, to manage your greetings press 3, and for your personalized options press 4. Just go through all the options and I'm sure you'll find it

stormc

I can't get this to work it doesn't give me any option to select a personal greeting what am I doing wrong?

giaboni

I suggest you email a Public Mobile moderator for this by reading below on how to contact them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Jiangjun1949

After press 1, I pressed 6 trying to activate standard systems greeting. but it says invalid button.

I want to use 100% system greeting instead my voice.  I tried all my efforts to follow the instruction, but with no success. I have no way to delete my recorded voice.

giaboni

The comments I made yesterday are actually partially true.  Here is what I said yesterday:

"These instructions are not correct because when I called my number from a landline and press * the automated system tells me "you need to call from your own phone to setup your voicemail, goodbye".

This "you need to call from your own phone....." error message only occurs if you have NEVER setup your voicemail which was the case for me.  I just signed up yesterday with Public Mobile and I wanted to setup my voicemail for the first time using a landline which is not possible however once you set your voicemail for the first time with your cel phone then it is possible to get into your voicemail options using a landline by dialing your phone number and once your voicemail message starts by pressing the * button on your landline phone.

Hope this clarifies things.

giaboni

These instructions are not correct because when I called my number from a landline and press * the automated system tells me "you need to call from your own phone to setup your voicemail, goodbye".

rdb91

I was trying to do the same...have a generic greeting play, but not my name or number in my voice.

During setup, i was forced to record a name.  Afterwards, I was able to go back in personal preferences and delete my recorded name.

Now, I have system greeting with my number NOT in my voice (generic as it can get).

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello @Saddal82,

There are 4 types of greetings: personal, busy, holiday, and extended absence. You want the personal greetings. They will provide you with 3 options:
1: your number and unavailability are stated, but your name is not mentioned. This is the system greeting by default.
2: your name, in your own voice, and unavailability are stated, but your number is not mentioned. This is a semi-personalized greeting.
3: you record your own announcement, as you wish it to be. Your greeting can be up to 60 seconds in duration, and messages up to 5 minutes in length. The system will not add your name or number to your greeting.

If you want your phone number to be included by the system, the only greeting that has that is #1 above. If that is unacceptable to you, #3 above is an alternative, but the entire greeting will be in your voice as nothing is provided by the system.

Creating a message from a landline provides no additional options as if the call were made from your Public Mobile number.

I hope that this has addressed your concerns.

Saddal82

hello, i did follow the steps and my standard messaging is activated but it says your recorded name is "..." and it doesnt say anything neither my name nor the mailbox number. 

Dialing it from the landline, can you be more specific how to set the voicemail from landline, maybe that will work next time?

but other than that is there any other option where my mailbox number is prerecorded?

please and thank you!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Saddal82 🙂

If I understand correctly, you are trying to set a standard greeting message?

• From the handset, dial 1+ the 10-digit phone number + Send.
    or
  • From a landline, dial the 10-digit phone number and press the star key to interrupt the system greeting

Enter password when prompted

Press 3 for Greetings options

Press 1 for Personal Greetings options

Press 6 to activate standard systems greeting

Please let me know, if this helps you.

Thanks 🙂

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Mayor / Maire

@Saddal82 Good question! Our community moderator @Kalla_A may be able to answer this question for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.