cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self serve portal

toa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

anyone else experiencing very slow connection while using the portal these few days?

8 REPLIES 8

Bear2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
  • @toa Wednesday my self serve portal was very slow. I just exited out and tried again later and it was normal. I've always thought it was on the slower side. 

@HALIMACS lol A+ for consistency huh?  That's funny 😂

pm will not be able to fix the self serve unless the whole system is shut down and rebuilt from the bottom up. they are probably running on a 5mb or slower connection. a company I was working at also had this same issue. they built their network around a 5mbit connection. at the time it was good, but it quickly became obsolete. to fix it they would of had to shut everything down and that wasn't an option. 

@softech wrote:

I would say always slow.....

it takes me around 30 - 40 seconds all the time to login, changing tab would be another 20 sec.

I guess this is "3G speed" for Self-Serve too   😁

Guess so - it's an all around service experience with an A+ for consistency when it comes to speed of access/service!!!

I just did it again - still about 15 seconds.

I think some folks may hit Login repeatedly, or stop the loading and reload.   They could be doing that for a very long time if they don't wait for the load to complete.    Kinda like hitting the crosswalk button repeatedly .... 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I would say always slow.....

it takes me around 30 - 40 seconds all the time to login, changing tab would be another 20 sec.

I guess this is "3G speed" for Self-Serve too   😁

@Triguy 

I thought so too, however I've logged in day or night and there seems to be little difference.

I just timed it to 15 seconds from tapping the LOGIN button - not bad for mid-late morning.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It can be slow especially during the day.  I just tried and was able to log in.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@toa wrote:

anyone else experiencing very slow connection while using the portal these few days?

The self-serve portal is ALWAYS very slow.

Public Mobile really should focus on improving this for customers.  

Some have reported that clearing cache and cookies, or using incognito mode, may help.  I haven't found that.   Others have tried different browsers - i've tried MS Edge & Google Chrome, neither are much different.

It takes me anywhere from 10-30 seconds to access self-serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.