cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self serve account

sbarker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been locked out of my account.  I've tried the resent password and have not received an email to do so.  Help!

16 REPLIES 16

@stonechucker wrote:

@NDesai, it is a GSuite account.  It works everywhere else.  This is a Public Mobile issue, not an issue on my end.

Well, until you try gmail or hotmail, it does not prove that it's an issue form PM's side. If hotmail or gmail have no issue, i would say PM system is working correctly. 

@NDesai, it is a GSuite account.  It works everywhere else.  This is a Public Mobile issue, not an issue on my end.

@stonechucker wrote:

@NDesai, my email is ousted by google.  I have a personal doma8n, and it blocks nothing.  The issue is on PMs side, as there system is not sending out an email to me.  

But can you just try different email like Gmail or Hotmail? Who knows what the system has set the email configuration to. I have 2 accounts, one with gmail and one with hotmail. Both have no problem receiving password reset email. 

@NDesai, my email is ousted by google.  I have a personal doma8n, and it blocks nothing.  The issue is on PMs side, as there system is not sending out an email to me.  

@ace065 wrote:

The only solution to this problem is to deactivate your account and re-register as a new client, start as new client and pick your original plan...start fresh. It's a pain but as far as i know is the only solution since you can not speak with a PM support. I hope this helps

Not ideal for everyone as the plan could be no longer available and people might have some rewards or balance in existing account. 

@stonechucker wrote:

@NDesai, you can say it works fine, but it doesn't.  Public Mobile cannot find any emails being sent to my email address from the recover password feature.

The only email I've used with the system is not being sent an email.   There are still others who are experiencing what I'm experiencing.

I don't have an issue myself as I've stored my credentials in a password manager, but for those who want it to work and it doesn't, it's a system that is unreliable at best.

Have you tried changing your email to Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo mail? Try that, and if it works, then it's the email server you are using is at fault. 

ace065
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried that method to....I never gotten a reply.....but I manage to solve my problem on my own, it was frustrating at first but I got it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ace065 wrote:

The only solution to this problem is to deactivate your account and re-register as a new client, start as new client and pick your original plan...start fresh. It's a pain but as far as i know is the only solution since you can not speak with a PM support. I hope this helps

PM support is accessible via private message. They will be able to fix this problem. It just takes time.

But yes...that is a workaround.

ace065
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@NDesai, you can say it works fine, but it doesn't.  Public Mobile cannot find any emails being sent to my email address from the recover password feature.

The only email I've used with the system is not being sent an email.   There are still others who are experiencing what I'm experiencing.

I don't have an issue myself as I've stored my credentials in a password manager, but for those who want it to work and it doesn't, it's a system that is unreliable at best.

I Bravo'd his post for the locked out part. I agree with you. When offering the idea of using it, it might be wise to offer the disclaimer that it doesn't work for some people.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

The password reset still works fine. You must be locked out completely for too many login attempts. Only mods can unlock your account and change your password. 

@sbarker wrote:

When I click on that link to private message a moderator, then what do I do.  It just has a search bar.  ??

Not when I click on it I see the Moderator Team in the send to box then there is a subject box then the body of the message

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sbarker

Never mind. It worked this time.

sbarker

When I click on that link to private message a moderator, then what do I do.  It just has a search bar.  ??

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sbarker wrote:

I have been locked out of my account.  I've tried the resent password and have not received an email to do so.  Help!

If you have been locked out and the password reset didn't send you an email you will need to contact the mods. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

ETA:  I just did the forgot password link and got the email in 1 minute.  This has happened before.  I wonder if this is an issue with some of the email providers out there.  I am using outlook.com as my address

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.