cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resetting my password.

aero12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

good evening, 

I am trying to sign on to my self service but I have forgot my password. I tried to ask for a link to change my password but it doesnt work. It states my account is locked. 

Honestly it has probably been about 6 months or so since I have signed onto my self service so I dont know if that has something to do with it. 

I need to get this fixed so I can move on. 

Thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

@maybucknell wrote:

I’m forget my password I need help to restating my password my account 

First try https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/ for the regular password reset option.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to open ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

maybucknell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m forget my password I need help to restating my password my account 

_Naren

It says your account is locked because you might have entered the incorrect password more than the said limit. And there is problem with their forget password system which sends you a password reset email after a few hours. So you gotta have an eye out for it when it reaches the inbox because the link usually expires in an hour or two. Good Luck!!

aero12

I have been able to reset my password.

Thanks for all the help. At the end I just needed to wait for my account to be unlocked. I was able to ask for a new password and the reset link worked on the first try. 

I think i need to remember to sign in occasionally and from a computer and not just the phone.

Thanks all 

@aero12 wrote:

Thanks

You are welcome, hope everything gets sorted quickly!

aero12

Thanks

@aero12 wrote:

Thanks 

I also have a ticket. does the moderator call the cell number or the alternative number. 

Conversation with the moderators will be by private message. Turn your e-mail notifications on to not miss it.

@aero12 wrote:

Thanks 

I also have a ticket. does the moderator call the cell number or the alternative number. 

They will not call the numbers, they contact you via the account you use to submit the ticket.

aero12

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aero12 wrote:

Yes my account is active. I recently recevied the email regarding free gift. I tried to sign on to my account but go locked because it has been more than 6 months since I have signed on to my self serve account. 

Locked out usually just needs a wait. Like an hour. It wouldn't be because you haven't logged in for a while.

aero12

Yes my account is active. I recently recevied the email regarding free gift. I tried to sign on to my account but go locked because it has been more than 6 months since I have signed on to my self serve account. 

@Ed404 wrote:

Do you currently have an active plan?

Same direction... if your plan is not active: after 90days of suspension you loose / have lost your account and number.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@aero12 wrote:

good evening, 

I am trying to sign on to my self service but I have forgot my password. I tried to ask for a link to change my password but it doesnt work. It states my account is locked. 

Honestly it has probably been about 6 months or so since I have signed onto my self service so I dont know if that has something to do with it. 

I need to get this fixed so I can move on. 

Thanks 

Everything seems to be a mess right now from the community to the self-serve.  You can submit a trouble ticket but there seem to be issues with customers being able to respond to the messages the moderators are sending. 

Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Do you currently have an active plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.