cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset password

hong0518
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, there

try to reset password for the account, but did receive any emails with reset link.

Help plz

Thx

18 REPLIES 18

@mimmo@will13am, it continues to not work for me.  My last test this week still has not delivered an email to me, however all other PM related emails do come to me.... I think.

There hasn’t yet been a further update since it was listed as broken on August 27.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hong0518 mods are replying in 48 hours

hong0518

Thx ShawnC13.

I took your suggestion and PM the MOD, but no responds so far after 24 hours.

will try again tomorrow.

mimmo

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@will13amdidit break again? I thought it was working a day or two ago?

Maybe I was asleep at the wheel.  I didn't know that it was declared fixed again.  The feature topic is still there.  I see nothing posted since August for updates.  All I see is a growing thread with discussions.

@it was posted on page 7 half way down

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Delay-in-receiving-Self-Serve-password-...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Debbie3767 wrote:

Well since you guys can't help me reset my password or find away for me to talk live with someone on the phone I am not going to stay with your company I am going to get a new simcard and go with a new company I will not refer anyone to this company because nobody can ever talk live on the phone with no one that is not very good customer service 

@Debbie3767, No one said that your password cannot be reset.  It's just that the automated reset feature is currently not working.  A password reset can still be done by sending a private message to the moderator team (as mentioned in a previous post).  As for not being able to speak to a live person, that is not a company secret.  In fact, is is advertised on Public Mobiles home page (see below).  Public Mobile is not for everyone.  If you absolutely want to be able to speak to someone, then you definitely need to look elsewhere.

-------

Need help?

We Have Support! It’s Just Different.

We don’t have call centres. Instead, we have an awesome online Community where you can get answers to your questions 24/7.

Debbie3767

Well since you guys can't help me reset my password or find away for me to talk live with someone on the phone I am not going to stay with your company I am going to get a new simcard and go with a new company I will not refer anyone to this company because nobody can ever talk live on the phone with no one that is not very good customer service 

Debbie3767

Well it's not working I need it fixed like I said this is the last month I will be with your company as I like to deal with a company I can speak live with on the phone not go threw all this crap and don't a company that don't ask security questions or not let you choose from a list of security questions

@mimmo wrote:

Maybe I was asleep at the wheel.  I didn't know that it was declared fixed again.  The feature topic is still there.  I see nothing posted since August for updates.  All I see is a growing thread with discussions.

mimmo

@Debbie3767 wrote:

I would like to add a credit card to my account but can't remember my password please email or get back to me asap with away to reset my password and I should be able to choose my own security question as I have never knew I had to answer a security question but this is the last month I will be with this company as I like to deal with a company I can call and speak to someone

@Debbie3767, the password reset is not working at the moment.  You will need to contact the moderator team to complete this task.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Debbie3767

I would like to add a credit card to my account but can't remember my password please email or get back to me asap with away to reset my password and I should be able to choose my own security question as I have never knew I had to answer a security question but this is the last month I will be with this company as I like to deal with a company I can call and speak to someone

I am using a gmail hosted account, and I get every other Public Mobile email on it.  Daily subscriptions, and private message notifications.

its not my system.

@stonechucker wrote:

Update - I requested the reset password email to be sent just before my last post, currently about 2 1/2 hours ago.

I have not yet received an email response.

Must be something on your email server side or some kind of filter. 

Try other emails like Gmail or Hotmail or Outlook. Working fine for me. I am pretty sure it works for others too, not just me. 

Update - I requested the reset password email to be sent just before my last post, currently about 2 1/2 hours ago.

I have not yet received an email response.

@NDesai @ShawnC13, I’ve been randomly testing this since the big announcement it was finally fixed about 3 weeks ago, and I continue to not receive the email to reset my password.

its not being sent to my trash or spam box, I am not receiving the email.

There is a failure somewhere, so sadly, the system is still not working for all users.

@NDesai wrote:

@hong0518 @ShawnC13 Password reset is not broken atm. I just tried it and got the email within a couple of mins. 

Thank you for the update, I know you are always checking on this feature!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@hong0518 @ShawnC13 Password reset is not broken atm. I just tried it and got the email within a couple of mins. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@hong0518 wrote:

hi, there

try to reset password for the account, but did receive any emails with reset link.

Help plz

Thx

The reset password feature is broken. You will need to private message the moderators.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
    • PM Phone Number
    • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
      • account number 
      • date of birth
      • complete address listed on account with postal code
      • email address on account
      • most commonly called numbers
      • alternate number listed on the account
      • last payment date and amount
      • last 4 digits of the credit card
    • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.