cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset password not working

wheemer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to reset the password on my aunt's account how ever I am receiving an error:

ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled

I cannot gain access without being able to reset it.

Please help.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

ShawnKent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

At the end of the day, all I want to do is submit a payment. I would like to give Public Mobile my money. I never imagined that would be so hard.

ShawnKent

I do not know the last payment amount and the PIN number I would have used isn't working. All other info I can verify. I could also provide proof of identity in any number of other ways including but not limited to my driver's license, phone call verification, mail, or any other method. The issue is that Credit Card I had used to pay previously I have since gotten rid of and no longer have access to the statements. As indicated, every other piece of information I can verify.

@ShawnKent 

Yes if you dont know/remember the pin# you must know the other details on the account. If you are managing the account for someone else then get those details from them. When i activate and set up an account for someone i give them a cheat sheet with all of their account info to be put in a secure place. With their permission i take a pic of their cheat sheet so they have a back up and/or i can manage the account if necessary.

Have been able to reset the password thru the moderators?

ShawnKent

Yeah, that's the issue, I don;t have the answers for point 2.

@ShawnKent

You can send a private message to the moderators. Type password reset in the subject line and explain your issue. Be sure to include the following:

1. Full name, address, telephone # and email of your account.
  2. Pin # and/or d.o.b., alternate ph # if any, last payment date, amount, type, last 4 digits/card.
  3. You may be asked for your security question and answer for further verification.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

@ShawnKent  use this private message link to contact the moderators directly and ask them for a temporary password to your self service account. Stay safe. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ShawnKent

I'm having the same issue, but can't complete the ticket generation step because the info it is asking is convoluted and I can't verify by PIN because for the life of me I can't figure out how to fill out the fields....I'm at a loss. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@wheemer When managing accounts for others, you'll find it easier in the long run to create a Community account registered with their account username. Saves trying to prove your should have access to your aunt's account. A further simplification, is using an email alias that resolves to your address so that you receive any notifications intended for her account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@wheemer contact the mods they wil help you out, sounds like you have lovked yourself out and will need to wait a while.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@wheemer 

Website can be finicky.  You could try a different web browser, clearing cache or incognito mode.  Chrome incognito seems to work well with this site

If that does not work, you will need to contact moderator to access your account.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@wheemer it's locked for too many attempts. Contact the moderators and ask them for a temporary password.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@wheemer Hello if you continue to have issues trying to logon click on the? Lower right hand corner and ask the robot Simon to speak with a human It will then generate a ticket for you to speak with a moderator ask them for a temporary password be safe have a great day

Need Help? Let's chat.