cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The phone number entered is invalid"

rnuijten
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

When trying to create a self-serve account I get the following error: "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here."

My sim-card was activated yesterday in-store, it instandly worked with my old number (Koodo). I hope someone can help and try activating my self-serve account.

Cheers,

Rik

7 REPLIES 7

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rnuijten wrote:

I found the problem !

During activation they changed two numbers of my cellphone number.

Was able to create an account and transfer the correct number. Thank you !

I don't quite understand what had happened.  As long as you got your Koodo number to PM and got your self-serve account created, welcome to Public Mobile.  

rnuijten

Also great tips for future problems, thanks.

rnuijten

I found the problem !

During activation they changed two numbers of my cellphone number.

Was able to create an account and transfer the correct number. Thank you !

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rnuijten wrote:

Hi,

When trying to create a self-serve account I get the following error: "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here."

My sim-card was activated yesterday in-store, it instandly worked with my old number (Koodo). I hope someone can help and try activating my self-serve account.

Cheers,

Rik

Are you using the same email address used in your Koodo account?

If yes, PM server may be thinking that your email address was used in PM system before.  Just my guess.  Correct me if I am wrong.

You may create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Keep asking SIMon to "contact human" for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.
Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

rnuijten

Thank you for your quick response

Unfortunately it doesn't work yet, I tried several browsers, incognito and a vpn connection.

In another discussion I read that trying the activation again at home could help linking number, plan and email. I tried this as well but I wasn't allowed to do this as my sim and plan are already activated (in-store).

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rnuijten Click here to register your selfserve account. Make sure you are using the correct number.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rnuijten wrote:

Hi,

Cheers,

Rik

You can try a different browser/incognito mode.  Sometimes waiting one hour also helps.

Clear your cache and cookies when retrying.  PM's website can be glitchy at times.

Need Help? Let's chat.