cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting out while suspended

sandhuhk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible to port out a number that is currently suspended. I intentionally suspended this account by not paying the monthly dues as I was out of country. So I want to port it out to a different provider now. The account will be permanently deactivated in about 15 days. So the question is, do I need to activate the number again by paying one months plan amount before I can port out the number or can I port it out with activating it.

4 REPLIES 4

CLeung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the tip of changing to a cheaper plan before re-activating the account to do the porting out to another provider. 

CLeung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the tip on switching to a cheaper plan before re-activating. 

Leave Public Mobile?

I have never heard of such a thing!

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sandhuhk wrote:

Is it possible to port out a number that is currently suspended. I intentionally suspended this account by not paying the monthly dues as I was out of country. So I want to port it out to a different provider now. The account will be permanently deactivated in about 15 days. So the question is, do I need to activate the number again by paying one months plan amount before I can port out the number or can I port it out with activating it.

You can port to Telus or Koodo but anywhere else needs the account to be active.

Edit: you could change down to the $15 plan for the reactivation and then wait another 25 or so days to port.

Need Help? Let's chat.