cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting one PM number to another

sandhuhk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So my number ABC-$40 plan -$7 reward = $33 per month

Wife's number XYZ-$35 plan - $2 reward = 33 per month.

I want to port my number (ABC) to a different company and port my wife's number (XYZ) on to my account. (I know this is not possible directly but can be achieved by 1st porting out of PM and then porting back in). so end result will be DEF-$40 plan -$7 reward and but I still want to keep my ABC number. So the question is how can I achieve this OR if there is any way to transfer the $7 rewards to my wife's account.

6 REPLIES 6

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Bell used to have a $5 Prepaid account. If the moderator says no or we can't, it's an option to consider. I can't see how PM would have an issue with this. It's not like your trying to get a new user promo your not entitled to or anything. Good Luck!

Your right, @geopublic, my solution will not work for that reason.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sandhuhk wrote:

I want to port my number (ABC) to a different company and port my wife's number (XYZ) on to my account. (I know this is not possible directly but can be achieved by 1st porting out of PM and then porting back in). so end result will be DEF-$40 plan -$7 reward and but I still want to keep my ABC number. So the question is how can I achieve this OR if there is any way to transfer the $7 rewards to my wife's account.

It isn't possible.  If you port out ABC to another provider that account closes.  XYZ is not even possible to bring over to ABC without porting out to another company so even if it was possible to bring XYZ to ABC you would then lose ABC number

Your discount for referrals and loyalty can't be moved to another account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sandhuhk wrote:

@sandhuhk  Cannot br done. As soon as you port out your account is closed and cannot be reactivated.

Bell used to have a $5 Prepaid account. If the moderator says no or we can't, it's an option to consider. I can't see how PM would have an issue with this. It's not like your trying to get a new user promo your not entitled to or anything. Good Luck!

Edit: Sorry, this will not work. Thanks @geopublic, as you'll not be able to keep both numbers.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sandhuhk 

Where is your abc number from? You could arrange with the original provider to catch the number once you release it. They are sometimes willing to help. So you would just change your abc number to a random number and catch it at the original provider (opening temporary account there which you would be able to port to final destination). 

Then you can port out your wife's xyz to a competitor and port it back to your account.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don’t think so without involving a moderator. But not so sure even they would do that for you. 

Need Help? Let's chat.